Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a mechanical oil pressure guage. i need to know were the hookup to the motor is for the duratec i can follow the diagram from there. all ive seen is how to's for the ztec. and i really havnt had time to mess with it lately. does anybody know were to do it for the duratec. thanks. [?|]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
use a brass T fitting and "T" off the stock sensor right at the top of the oil filter.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Works great. I got all my stuff at home depot. Dont forget to use liquid teflon on the threads.
I recommend against that. I lost an engine because the heat and vibrations caused the sensor to unscrew itself. I now just use blue LocTite.

·
Registered
798 Posts
uhh... I think it was an 1/8" NPT T-fitting that I used with the real teflon tape. Sensor comes right off of the oil filter. easy enough.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice.. Ive been wondering about all this.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I recommend against that. I lost an engine because the heat and vibrations caused the sensor to unscrew itself. I now just use blue LocTite.
yep. i used blue loctite as well. no problems. as for the fittings, my guage came with them. it was an autometer guage. $50 at autozone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts