Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any duratec powered cars have installed a oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge..
i just got some for cheap,they are mechanical.

if you have,post up a how to.. all i can find is a little info fro the oil pressure on a zetec

·
Registered
118 Posts
the water temp one
you have to call auto meter they sell a tee
that you can tee off your heater hoses
thats about as close of reading as its gonna get.
as for the oil i have no idea, at least not yet.
do a search you'll find some info in here.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Mechanical gauges: cheaper + dangerous.

I had a mechanical oil pressure gauge in a truck I bought. One day I ended up with engine heated oil spraying inside the truck. Thankfully I was not moving at the time. I don't want to imagine what it would be like spraying from a pillar pod. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
whynotthinkwhynot said:
Mechanical gauges: cheaper + dangerous.

I had a mechanical oil pressure gauge in a truck I bought. One day I ended up with engine heated oil spraying inside the truck. Thankfully I was not moving at the time. I don't want to imagine what it would be like spraying from a pillar pod. Just my 2¢.
I have to agree i would waste my time with them and running lines to the gauges. I would get some electrical and see about spicing into the stock wires, if that is possible.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
N2O Focus said:
I have to agree i would waste my time with them and running lines to the gauges. I would get some electrical and see about spicing into the stock wires, if that is possible.
EGZ installed an NPT plumbing T where his stock sensor is located so that he could add a sensor for a gauge. I'm not sure how it could work on a coolant temp gauge since our engine temp gauge is planted in the center of the head instead of on the thermostat housing.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Fairly certain the one in the head is a cylinder head temp sensor. Water tempature it sampled elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts