Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was drivin back from takin ASE tests last nite and i hit a rock in the road and it puts a hole in my oil pan. does anyone know were i can get an oil pan for my 05 ASAP?

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
you could always stick a peice of gum in it like hurbie fully loaded and then tape it. lol but for real hilbish ford , here in the forums talk to mike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
its expensive!!! i had this happen to me... i had to order it from ford, and you have to use form a gasket to put the new one on..

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
form a gasket ,,, lol that stuf is crap! you might as well just use some tooth paist if you are going to use form a gasket. dont try to be a cheap a-s when it comes to gaskets. it will bit you in the a-s in the long run. i think the gasket for the pan is 15,20 bucks and would be worth it cause you will be saving yourself from donig it a 2nd time .

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
there is no gasket for the pan, its held on by silicone. thats what the ford manual says.

use RTV black, and pm b16sir1991 for a price on the pan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yai got the ONLY one [aparently] in all of norcal from sacramento. i got lucky cause my dad was headin down there 2day. im puttin it in 2marrow @ work [i love workin @ a shop and getting paid to work on my own car] so i should have my car back 2marrow nite. so i have a question. whats the point of that little tray [if u will] belo the drain plug. it just hold old oil that cant drain out [i know not much but if that wasnt there then i wouldnt have 2 do this whole prossess so ya im a bit anoid @ it] not that i can do much about ford design but im still pissed. well thanx yall 4 ur responses

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think it's actually magnatized, to catch all the little particals.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i don't understand the question...pics?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
If I remember correctly from when I did the BSD there is a slight pocket in the bottom of the oil pan. Like there is a thin layer of metal, open space, and then the bottom of the oil pan right near the drain plug. I believe this is what he is talking about.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i really don't remember haha, i did the bs delete so long ago...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Lets see some pics. But you should just clean the pan off and slap it with some silicone and throw it back on. I did just that so you'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts