Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I just use the replacement gasket or do I supplement that with rtv? Also if anyone can share any tips I.e. with regards to the torque specs

Thank you

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Do I just use the replacement gasket or do I supplement that with rtv? Also if anyone can share any tips I.e. with regards to the torque specs

Thank you
I don't know the answers to your questions, but Helm, Chilton, and Haynes probably do. I would trust them for accurate information much more than comments from some anonymous user on some website -- even this one (which is really good).

I bought the Ford OEM manual from Helm on an optical disk (CD or DVD, don't remember which) and it looks pretty complete. The problems I had with it were the primitive user interface and I haven't found a way to search for something rather than hunt for it. Kinda disappointing.

There are also no verbal descriptions of what you're working on and what you have to do with it like I've seen in service manuals for decades. Everything's pictures now. Saves them a lot of money translating a bunch of text to 97 different languages, I guess, or maybe there's some separate product I need to buy with the verbal instructions(?).

Then my laptop stopped working, so even if I had the time I couldn't find the answers for you until I reinstall Windows (ugh) or buy a replacement PC (and learn iwhatever new OS it has) -- all reasons I still prefer the old-school paperback manuals, which I also plan to buy soon.

Having your own copy of one (or several) repair manual(s) is as necessary as all the other tools required to do the job. Then you don't have to wait for someone else who knows the answers to see your questions and respond -- or trust that their answers are correct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts