Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work tonight I was in the SVT, just driving normally (made a little boost a couple of times) and when I was pulling into the parking lot I noticed a little rain on the windshield.

When I turned on the wipers it SMEARED..... of course I knew instantly what it was.... good old oil on the windshield.

Yep, after closer examination i noticed the dipstick had come up out of the tube just enough to let oil blow all over everything.. well not quite everything but it came out of the hood vent and got the windshield and the top of the car while it was at it.

After thinking a little it dawned on me I checked the oil yesterday and I must not have gotten the dipstick back in correctly.... of course couple that with the blowby from having at least one ring on upside down and you can see just how easy it is to have the dipstick blow out.

Knowing the rings are bad I've kept on driving the car but I've been getting ready to tear it apart this month... it looks like I'll get an earlier than planned start on it.

Now I feel like the dipstick........

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
haha! that' happen to me to man...in my old 79 ford pick up. i was going 70 (top speed) down the highway and all the sudden it stated to rain oil from the heavens! lol what a mess in the EB

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ugh I've seen that before, but the guy left the oil cap completely off the valve cover!
It didn't get on the windshield, but the engine bay was a MESS.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
hey, look at it as a blessing cause now you HAVE to mess w/ ur car somemore!! lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. I had the biggest oil leak after I stripped the threads on the head trying to tighten the oil feed fitting. I still have a coat of oil on parts of the tranny and undercarriage of the car, so I know how you feel.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Well thats not the first time your car has been given an oil bath! You should never have an issues with rust!

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
Thats an easy fix , tac a washer to the dip stick tube about 1 inch down from the dip stick handle then zip tie the stick down so the excessive crand case psi you have cant blow the stick up , problem solved !

LOL

Tom

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
LOL.......you scared me for a second though. I thought you effed up your turbo or something. at least it's something not as bad lol.....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well After driving it home this morning everything seemed normal, so I drove it again tonight (yea, I'm a glutton for punishment) and everything still seems to be normal (well, normal as expected)

I think in 2 weeks I'll pull it apart and do the dirty deed........ assuming it stays together that long.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
for a guy that knows so much about cars they dont stay together long....

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Its not that it doesn't stay together, its just been like this so long it seems like it has been down more then it has.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for a guy that knows so much about cars they dont stay together long....
Lets see...

1st time.... stock ring lands broke at 7k rpms and 20psi
2nd time.... J&S freaked out and pulled so much timing I melted a piston (during normal driving)
this time.. must have put one of the compression rings on upside down (and there was beer involved as well)

BUT I've also put over 1000 miles on it with bad rings and egbert can tell you its STILL plenty fast.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Its ok...lol [poke]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
hey... just an observation.....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Ok i am not tryin to say the guy doesnt know how to build a car because he obviously knows much more then I, It was just an observation.
Geeeez you guys are so touchy....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts