Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
115k Mk3, just changed from motorcraft to denso, was told I should change back (which I am skeptical about) but decrease MPG has made me think about it. Also it's been winter here in New England, so lots of variables. BUT!....back to the oil on plug 4, noticed plug 1 was very dry/hot. Only about 10k miles or less on these plugs. It's a 2014 Mk3, pretty much bone stock with the exception of K&N filter, and some enclosed sub woofer, (Like I said very bone stock), daily driver, highway 95%. Wondering if I should send it to dealer and let extended warranty (3rd party) take care of possible piston ring, cylinder work. Noticing anti-freeze has been slowly going down from max to min over 4 months......so then I got suspicious of head gasket.....what do you guys/gals, think? Could be as easy as $100 deductible; and a new motor. They (dealership) had to change transmission (automatic) back last year along with a new trans computer.....It's wee bit of nightmare with this focus and I but it's still running and still gets me to work very reliably (knock on wood). Anyways, thanks for at least reading this whole post, I would appreciate the input on both the spark plug situation (brand wise) and the oil on spark plug, and loss of antifreeze.

PS. Searched forum for this topic and many other keywords relating. Please be nice to me, I'm honestly trying to do this as solo as possible.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you have an inclusive ex warranty, screw it and let them do it, you paid extra for it, use it

As far as the coolant, I've been reading the water pump is prone to having issues, I need to check mine out as it's doing the same... You might want to have that one done on warranty as it involves the timing belt thus tearing out 1/3 of the engine

·
Registered
137 Posts
Able to do a compression check on your own? Where's the oil on the plug?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts