Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says i got a yellow-ish clear oil slowly collecting and driping down my clutch pedal..
i first seen it the other day on my carpet but thought it came off my shoe from work but the next day there was more ans then i looked ans i was on my clutch pedal...
help please.[:(]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ahhh! that doesn't sound good my friend

i dont' have a manual so i don't really have any "real" help for you...besides...BRING IT IN!

have a mechanic who knows cars inside and out look at it...hate to break it to you but the clutch is an important part to a manual tranny

·
Registered
454 Posts
clutch master cylinder going bad it needs to be replace and you'll need to clean off the fluids out of there asap its gonna rust your floor.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok that i what i was thinking ..
thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
yah man, not a problem...the clutch is one of those things you want to make sure it's working right 100 percent

you wouldn't want it to stop working on you while you were driving

·
Registered
454 Posts
its gonna be a PITA to do yourself, gonna need to move the fuse box and the intake if you dont have an after market intake. dont forget to clean the carpet when your done. ive had mine changed twice once was when i had the clutch recall done and the second time a couple months ago.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clutch recall??

·
Registered
52 Posts
It may just be the lip seal on the plunger for the master cylinder...That happened on my old TSi. Pulled the master cyl, replaced the seal and bled it out, was back on the road in 30 mins.

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah there was a recal on the 03 svtf something about a pre-mature wear on the clutch, im not sure if there was any problems with the 02 svtf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts