Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just a quick question to all you focus experts!! What brand and weight of oil do all use in your foci's??

Thanks so much for your time!![:)]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just put in Mobil1 5-w30 (It was on sale and my fiance's car needed an oil change as well)but if i can find Royal Purple or Redline 5w-20 that'll be what goes in next.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
AMSOIL 0w-30 Series 2000 year round...changed about once per year [:D]

And I don't want to hear any BS from the anti-synthetic oil peanut gallery. I'm using it in my car, not yours.

·
Registered
407 Posts
SkaAddict said:
AMSOIL 0w-30 Series 2000 year round...changed about once per year [:D]

And I don't want to hear any BS from the anti-synthetic oil peanut gallery. I'm using it in my car, not yours.

never heared of that

Mobile 5w20 and soon Royal Purple 5w20

·
Registered
204 Posts
You gotta change it more than that SkaAddict! :)

Whatever Wal-Mart puts in it...actually we haven't had it changed yet (unless it was changed by the dealership when it was repaired!)

·
Registered
672 Posts
WHY do we have to keep beating this subject to DEATH. No response is meaningful because it's all over the spectrum of product. I my engine hasn't grenaded, my oil is the best. God, give us a break and save us some space on this forum.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ROYAL PURPLE! :) I'm running 10W30 right now, mainly cause the parts store only had 1 quart of 5w20. I thought it might be too thick but it runs like a champ. With royal purple and a K&N oil filter, oil change cost about 50 bux, but I wont have any problem going 5,000 miles on a high filtration oil filter and full-synthetic oil.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I use Mudoil 50w90 because I will not use 5w20 to meet Fords CARB needs because it's an oil conspiracy.

No really, I use Amsoil 7500series and change every 5K miles.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also, if you go the longer oil change interval(beyond 3K miles), it's best to get a better/longer life oil filter.
I use the Purolator PureOne (blue). It's about $4-5 at most stores.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Or just change your filter and top off the pan on regular intervals...

Or install a remote bypass filter system that is good for 35,000+ miles.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
ammorgan said:
You gotta change it more than that SkaAddict! :)

Whatever Wal-Mart puts in it...actually we haven't had it changed yet (unless it was changed by the dealership when it was repaired!)
Ahem...as stated:

SkaAddict said:
Not to mention, you're one to talk. At least the oil I use is rated for intervals of 1 year/35,000 miles, unlike the dino oil Wal-Mart put in your car [rolleyes]

·
Registered
446 Posts
microtonal said:
Also, if you go the longer oil change interval(beyond 3K miles), it's best to get a better/longer life oil filter.
I use the Purolator PureOne (blue). It's about $4-5 at most stores.
Wow, this K&N cost me $12 [?|]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts