Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this crack on a hose connecting to my engine. There's oil leaking from it but I'm not too sure if the hose leads all the way to the firewall... My car is pre-owned and I've had it for a year now...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Is that an "elbow" into the intake?

Sounds like a PCV hose & a common problem if it is...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is the elbow... I went to a local auto parts store and the guy who looked at it for me didn't seem to know much about my SVT Focus. He just showed me a smaller looking elbow and said "it looks like something like this." Is this problem difficult to repair?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
No. It is an easy fix. You can replace the grommet and PCV valve while you are at it. Believe it or not, some spit on the new grommet,PCV valve and on the inside of the elbow hose will make insertion much easier(hats off to my dad for teaching me that trick many years ago).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch for the info Freemind! Another question: where is the best place to buy these parts for my '03 SVT Focus? I really don't want "something similar" to the part I need, I'd really like to buy the part that is compatible/made for my vehicle...

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Make a new thread to Andy(sponsor vendor Village Ford)and he'll guide you through the process of getting genuine OEM parts at a very good discount.

Link, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Welcome to Focus Fanatics!!!

P.S. It's good to see someone from the Zuni here. I miss the area. Window Rock too!

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
I always keep a tube of spit in my toolbox as well..................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts