Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am convinced that the Ford engineers, who designed the 2.0 SOHC engine for the 2000 Focus SE, were avid crack addicts.

Recently, I replaced the rubber hose that goes from the valve cover to the air box with a foot of hose from Advance. Ever since, I've been getting an accumulation of oil in the air filter... [???:)]

Should I be concerned about a massive leak somewhere, should I buy the stock U-bend hose from Ford? All/any advice is appreciated. [cool]

·
Registered
251 Posts
There shouldn't be any hose leakage. Just change the breather filer and clean the oil from inside the air box. After that it should be fine. [scratch]

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Odd. Not sure why it makes them crack addicts though if this problem just started. haha Maybe there was something that got broke accidently when you were repairing it. Just seems odd that the oil started accumulating after you changed the hose.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The oil is from pressure in the cam coverthats goes into the air box. You can put a small filter on the valve cover and eliminate thehose altogether most autopart stores will have one
Posted via FF Mobile

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Or if ur motors failing it will get blow by and push oil and oil vapors out the valve cover breather and into the intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts