Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bougt an -08 Ford Focus (hatchback) and going to change oil and filter next week. I was going to buy Haynes technical book but they only had for petrol engine and not the flexifuel. It got me thinking that maybe the oil filter isn't the same as for a petrol engine either. I'm fairly technical and I'm getting manual help with the actual switch but I'd like to hear some input about my concern.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Run the part numbers at various online parts stores and compare, likely they are the same. Fuel filter may not be though. Don't hold your breath waiting for a specific to flexfuel Haynes, they won't be making them, not enough sales of the cars to justify the manual costs. They prefer to gang up way too many models in one book to make for way too little correct info about any one model. You'll most likely be looking for an official Ford service manual.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Welcome to FF.

The oil filter should be listed in the owner's manual near the back. As an example, it should list something like FL-910.

If you didn't get a manual with the car, you should be able to download one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Run the part numbers at various online parts stores and compare, likely they are the same. Fuel filter may not be though. Don't hold your breath waiting for a specific to flexfuel Haynes, they won't be making them, not enough sales of the cars to justify the manual costs. They prefer to gang up way too many models in one book to make for way too little correct info about any one model. You'll most likely be looking for an official Ford service manual.
Thank you for answer.

I figured that Haynes wouldn't make a separate book for the flexifuel. However, is there a Haynes book that contains the flexifuel together with other engines, like a collection?

I don't have the part number for the filter, it's what I'm looking for.

Welcome to FF.

The oil filter should be listed in the owner's manual near the back. As an example, it should list something like FL-910.

If you didn't get a manual with the car, you should be able to download one.
Thank you

I got a "drivers handbook" and "service and guarntee" booklet with the car. I've searched through the maintenance part of the handbook and I can't find anything about the filter, only what kind of oil to use, which I already bought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts