Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me what the part number is for a Motorcraft oil filter for a 2003 Ford Focus 2.3L PZEV engine?

My friend moved to another state from California and I have to mail him an oil filter. At least until the non-california dealers catch up on parts for the 2004 models. [:D]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
FL-910 tell him to look in his owners manual

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
pzevhelper said:
My friend moved to another state from California and I have to mail him an oil filter. At least until the non-california dealers catch up on parts for the 2004 models. [:D]
I live (CT) and work (RI) in states which do not have the "Green" requirement; got my PZEV from a dealer in MA. However I was able to walk into my local dealer (Tasca Ford in Cranston, RI) and get an FL-910 right off the shelf. From comments I've heard on this forum I was expecting I might have to order it.

I guess I'm surprised that your friend can't get an FL-910 and he/she is forced to get you involved. I would think ANY dealer ANYWHERE in the country could get one through normal Ford parts distribution channels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
some dealer service depts. have it set in their head that the focus uses the FL-400s EVEN when you show them the manual with the FL-910 listed under the 2.3, they STILL gave me a 400s, 5 TIMES. So I took it to jiffy lube, and got an equivilent lower profile filter.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
kaminari_croc said:
some dealer service depts. have it set in their head that the focus uses the FL-400s EVEN when you show them the manual with the FL-910 listed under the 2.3, they STILL gave me a 400s, 5 TIMES. So I took it to jiffy lube, and got an equivilent lower profile filter.
Were they giving you the filters for free ? Why would you take something you know is wrong ? Thats weird.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't know. First couple times I complained, then I think I just didn't really care anymore, too busy, and too much hassle. It was just so close to my work that I kept going there and putting up with their crap. Its not that the 400s doesn't work, it works fine, and on a stock Focus, it shouldn't be a problem at all. The only reason I didn't want it was because my car is lower 2 inches and it sticks down too low. So basically it doesn't matter if you use the 400s or the 910, they are just different sizes. Juiffy Lube is faster and cheaper, I don't have time to leave my car at the dealer for an hour anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts