Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find a place to tap into the motor to get oil to the oil pump then to the turbo....i kno there are like 2 or spots on the motor....just dont kno where.......need help please

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the thread.....but i just need an answer to a question.....if i tap the line off the head and send it to the pump....is there gonna be enough oil to send it to the turbo?....or do i need to drill it directly into the oil pan?...im trying to make this as easy as possible.....thanx

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...sorry i'm lost, What pump are you sending it to...?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think he has the precision kit. The one that uses a pump for oil return from the turbo. I think finalley was showing you how to get oil to the turbo. The pump is to get the oil back to the pan. I am not familiar with that kit myself but I am sure others on here could help you out. BTW not tryin to be rude but didnt the kit come with instructions? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...well seems to me , your eng oil pump feeds your turbo , which drains into your aux. return pump, to the oil pan...No??[???:)] why do you want to feed the retun pump off the engine supply oil??

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think he may be confused on what the pump is actually for.

·
Registered
426 Posts
whats a pump

lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well now that u all say so.....i probably am confused on what it is used for.....i blew my motor a couple months back with the kit on it.....now i am going to put it back on.......so what everyone is saying is i need to tap it into the oil pan???//correct???....is that a hard task to complete'????/.....trying to get this done in a 3 day span

·
Registered
523 Posts
yes the pump is to "pump" the oil back into the oil pan. this is because the turbo sits to low and the laws of gravity work against you. you will need to weld a bung into you oil pan. you have the precision kit right?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i need to weld it?.....isnt there way to drill and just attach?....yes it is precision kit.....rally need a reply....doing this on tuesday....thanx

·
Registered
305 Posts
I dont think the oil pan is near thick enough to drill and tap as you had mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am not changing anything.....when i blew the motor i 4 got to take the oil pan that was on the blown motor....that pan had the connector for the pump that comes with the kit.....now sitting here 2 months later....i need to find a way to tap the oil pan for the pump.....just need to know how

·
Registered
523 Posts
buy a bung, drill a hole, and have someone weld it to your oil pan.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok....next question.....there are two oil lines that come up from the turbo.....i dont want to seem like and idiot....but where do i hook these up to?.....when i took off the turbo i rally didnt retrace my steps because i wasnt plnning to put it back on....so if anyone has a pic or something of a kit installed that would be great....thanx for everything guys

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok, I have aquestion.. if you are having to use a pump anyway.. why not use it to pump oil in AND out of the turbo, with a container of course, leaving your engine and turbo oil uncantaminated from each other?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i really dont kno the answer to thta....but maybe....so you have a reliable source of oil....be my guess......i duno

1 - 18 of 18 Posts