Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been awhile since ive been on here i just purchased a 2004 silver SVT 3 door so awesome !!! anyways i was wondering i went to check my oil today and when i tried to pull out the dipstick it was like glued in the tube i had to twist and use alot of force to pull it out , is that normal or do you think i should have that looked at , it also looks like there is oil burnt on the dipstick .

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
since the tube goes between the primaries, there is a huge amount of heat directed right at the dipstick. unfortunately, this is something we deal with. burnt oil at the top of the stick, and hard removal after it has been there for a while will be normal. no worries.

·
Registered
511 Posts
At least it's not like my old GTI's where the finger loop is made of extremely-easy-to-break plastic. I hated that thing.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Fordson said:
But sounds like the previous owner didn't check the oil a lot.
It might not be that, I check my oil level twice daily, have since day one of the car on the road and my stick needs some ommph to take out. Like posted, sitting between the header tubes like it does the thing is just getting baked. There is residue on the upper 3/4's of the stick that gets baked on with time and miles, I'd imagine the inside portion of the tube has it as well.

At least it's not like my old GTI's where the finger loop is made of extremely-easy-to-break plastic. I hated that thing.
There have been a few owners That I recall having separated the pull ring from the stick. Probably not the worlds worst designed but due caution is needed, IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am trying to find some thermal type of wrap at the moment, probably some electrical wrap from a dryer etc. I will post when I get it done and I am happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts