Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One question, my focus has 107,000 km's on it. Thats roughly 66,000 miles. Now IF non-synthetic oil was used in the car by the owner before me, would it be safe for me to switch at this mileage? No manuals came with the car or service records, so i don't have a clue what kind of oil was used in it. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So you are wanting to change to synthetic?......if so, you should have no problems by doing that. As a matter of fact synthetic oil is a better oil for your vehicle especially when the mileage starts adding up on it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, excellent.

I just wasn't how much mileage was too much...I know if i switched my old car with 400,000 km's on it to synthetic it would prolly knock over and die. ( at least from what i've read about deposits and such )

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
be careful, if there is a lot of slude in your engine, that sludge and gunk is can, (READ CAN) be what is holding seals together, and synthetic oil will clean all that gunk away exposing thoes cracked seals... if i were you i woulnd't do it unless you know for a fact that the oil was changed every 3,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts