Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
First post in here, my car is a 13 2.0TDCi 163 Titanium X estate manual.. The engine oil change due message came up on start up a few days ago. I'll be servicing it, and putting a timing belt kit on in a few weeks, after we're back from holiday. I usually Service and MOT it in September, so it came on early this year! Thing is, it wont go away.. I've done the press both pedals, and it goes through its sequence, tells me the reset is complete, I switch off the ignition and thats it. Done it with various Fords hundreds of times....but on next startup, there it is again.. it will not reset, even though its told me it has... Just wondered if anyone has come across this before as its driving me daft..
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
143 Posts
Odd Try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes and then try it. It very will could be just a computer issue. If you have a can tool i would check for DTC's before hand. IF that don't work IF you have a friend in the automotive world with a very good scan tool they may be able to use it and perform the rest manually. And IF that isn't an option You might be able to take it to the dealership and see IF there's an update to the Engine Control Module. Some times the manufacture will come out with a tiny baby recall OR at the dealer there are TSB's ( Technical Service Bulletins ) These are special documents the Techs and service writers have to help Diagnose problems they are a known common OR a recently common issue on a large scale . They may have a TSB in regards of that issue and it may prompt them to program.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Odd Try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes and then try it. It very will could be just a computer issue. If you have a can tool i would check for DTC's before hand. IF that don't work IF you have a friend in the automotive world with a very good scan tool they may be able to use it and perform the rest manually. And IF that isn't an option You might be able to take it to the dealership and see IF there's an update to the Engine Control Module. Some times the manufacture will come out with a tiny baby recall OR at the dealer there are TSB's ( Technical Service Bulletins ) These are special documents the Techs and service writers have to help Diagnose problems they are a known common OR a recently common issue on a large scale . They may have a TSB in regards of that issue and it may prompt them to program.
Thanks, I've had Forscan on it,and have only always had one code, main relay de energised too early.. been there since I've had the car and wont clear. I've reset the oil change warning a few times before after a service..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts