Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oil Change Required?

66616 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sfhess
Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I've been here, since I've been enjoying my Focus. :)

I'm at 9,100 miles -- my next oil change is due at 10,100 miles. However, today, I started my car and got the: oil change required prompt at start-up. It now pops up every time I start my car (twice since original error this morning). Does this mean I need to check my oil levels? The car has had one oil change and the 10,100 miles mark was set by my dealership; I'm about 1,000 miles behind in terms of expectant date (they were assuming 10,100 miles in mid-September).

I should note that I have an appointment this coming Saturday for a lovely grinding noise from the front left of my car when I accelarate from 0-1,000 RPMS. It's not consistent, but it happens for about 3 seconds frequently enough to be concerned (particularly that it's the DCT troubles that I read about 65,215 times on these forums before purchasing my 2014 at this time last year).

Some feedback would be appreciated. Should I let it slide until it visits the dealer on Saturday -- or what I should I do? Admittedly, I don't know how to check the oil, but I'm sure my boyfriend does.

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.