Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am a noob to the focus. Looked at the general specs thread and just want to verify. Draining oil and changing filter, how much oil all together will I be pouring in? 4.5 qt if I read it right...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said. I have the 2.3 duratec (2004). Also, what is the difference between the d23 and d23e?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Your car should take right around 4.5 quarts.

The D23E was made from 2003-2004 and was installed on Foci residing in the green states. Also called a PZEV. In 05-07 they discontinued the PZEV rating on the 2.3 motor and called it the D23 which was only installed on the ST focus. The d20 (2.0 duratec) took on the roll of powering all other Foci from 05-current and came in a PZEV and non PZEV version. The D23 was discontinued in the foci after 07.

Basically the difference between the D23E and the D23 is emmissions stuff, tuning, and because of that the D23E made slightly less power.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When i change my oil i just pour in 5 quarts. I have the 2.0 and the spec is 4.5 quarts as well as the 2.3 engine. The extra half quart isn't going to hurt anything and then you won't have a half quart of oil laying around. It brings it up just a bit above the full mark.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
When i change my oil i just pour in 5 quarts. I have the 2.0 and the spec is 4.5 quarts as well as the 2.3 engine. The extra half quart isn't going to hurt anything and then you won't have a half quart of oil laying around. It brings it up just a bit above the full mark.
after 5 oil changes you'd have 4.5 qts so you wouldn't have to buy a whole new case or jug if you only put in 4.5 qts. [rofl] [poke] [idea] And putting in too much oil isn't good... .5 qts isn't that big of a deal but definitely don't put any more than that...[:(] [thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts