Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary for me to put an oil catch can on my 2017 ford focus se? It is naturally aspirated. I want my focus to last a long time.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
It may not be turbo but it's still GDI, so it will still suffer from the crusty intake valve issue. I had a peek at my intake valves after just 18k miles and I was surprised at the amount of gunk built up on them. So one or two catch cans would be a good idea if you want to go that route. Alternatively you could just route the PCV system to atmosphere and forget about the issue altogether. That's the route I took. People will argue the pluses and minuses of doing that all day, so you can search for threads on it if you want and come to your own conclusion. Here's a couple to start you off:

If by chance you do want to go with oil catch can(s), I happen to have one, barely used, that I'd be willing to let go for a good price.

Also, just for future reference on where to post, 2017 Focus is a MK 3, not a MK4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you for the info! I'll be posting my stuff in the mk3 section for now on. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts