Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I plan on installing a catch can on my 2016 ST. It will help prevent carbon build up for all kind of motors. And I have direct injection. A must have.
St's build up way more carbon and much quicker then NA, even then with heavy buildup the effects on performance are not that bad..not saying catch cans are not a bad idea, but I think the carbon buildup doesn't affect engines idle and performance as much as it's made out

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have pcv can and catch can by crankcase just like element and am happy with the oil they are catching. Don’t have to worry about oil burning into the valves.

·
Registered
505 Posts
C'mon. You know how this works. So what are they catching and how do you have them rigged? Post up.

Read all above post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
OK. Let me rephrase. I am trying to establish how much oil we are talking about. Do yo have a quantity of oil that you can provide that the can is catching from the cover only?

Ahhhh okay. I’d say I get about a teaspoon of oil every couple thousand of miles

·
Registered
505 Posts
OK so. How much is making its way to the valves via the manifold?

Wingnut can fill you in there. He just installed one not too long

·
Registered
117 Posts
Since I had the ttr manifold before and did the pcv delete I don’t have that plunger stuff in it. I have a oil separator and the day I put in there was maybe a little less than half of a teaspoon in he thing. I plan to re adjust the setup tomorrow or Monday and see what accumulated after a week or 2

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^You tell me?? (Not my pics)

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts