Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Zetec just turned 110,000 so I'm going to run some engine restore with my oil to try and freshen up all my seals and get a bit of lost compression back.

The thing is this: I...we'll say can't locate...my owners manual!! But from memory, I think the oil capacity with a filter change is 4.5 quarts?? (please correct me if I'm wrong!!)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I think 4.6 with everything done.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
The book says 4.5

·
Registered
146 Posts
ford recomends using Valvoline DuraBlend 5w-20 but my Vavloline Rep said that the High mileage is a great oil to use in any car. little note to the high mileage oil it will most likely decrease you fuel mileage a little probably 2-3mpg at the most because the high mileage has detregents in it to clean your engine by doing so your oil becomes dirty and will produce more friction compared to a synthetic if you run a high mileage oil every 3000 miles for 12,000- 15,000miles (depending on how many miles are on your car and on how dirty your engine is.) then your engine should be clean synthetic oils are great for gas mileage because they don't restrict the movement of the engine parts like the high mileage does. i have Valvoline high mileage 5w-30 in my focus with just over 80000 on it and it runs great.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
My Zetec just turned 110,000 so I'm going to run some engine restore with my oil to try and freshen up all my seals and get a bit of lost compression back.

Advertising gimmick [slap]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts