Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have old and smoke coming out of my dipstick. I was in boost on my car and all of a sudden I started to smell burning oil. Popped the hood and found oil all over my engine bay. The dipstick had come loose from the bottom so I put it back in and checked my levels. Didn't see that the dipstick was reading so I then I started to add more oil. When I pulled the fill cap off white smoke started to pour out. I put 3 quarts in to see if that would bring the levels up which it did but now there is smoke and oil coming out the dipstick. Please help.
2004 SVT FOCUS with roush turbo.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You have blow by. The rings are worn and your "boost" is ending up in your crankcase. Easiest attempt to remedy is to remove boost, or is to add a catch can. But at the amount that your having blow by you would have to plum the valve cover and pcv locations. And a big can with 2 filters preferred. The correct fix would be a rebuild with boost gapped rings. Good luck with your fix.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I was about to try the forced induction section in case the plumbing of the turbo/pcv system could be involved in pushing out the stick to start the problem/thought of general tech as well for quicker replies when Don moved it here.

First worry of course is how low did the oil get? 3 qts to get back to full??

Let 'er cool off then see what you've got is the first suggestion, hope the engine is still OK.

·
Registered
17,183 Posts
X3 compression test, your Roushed Focus has come un-Roushed if it all happened at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts