Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on the way to work today, i got stop at a vehicle inspection point. everyone driving down the road was getting stopped. just so you guys know.

here are the things the look for:

Lights
* Head
* Tail
* Stop
* License
* Clearance / Marker

Turn Signals
* Left
* Right

Tires
* LF
* RF
* RR
* LR

Exhaust System

Brakes
* Foot
* Emergency / Hand

Bumper height

Wipers

Glass
* Windshield
* Other
* Tinting

Steering
Wheel Rims
Rear View Mirror
Emergency Equipment
High Beam Indicator
Safety Belts
Horn
Drivers License
Insurance
Certificate of Registration
License Plate (front and back)
Body Condition
Other ___________

i had a mark for my front license plate, my registration (my glove box is full of junk), and my RR tire, but they didn't check the box that says i have to fix it immediately and report back. they checked the box that just says "the above listed defects / discrepancies are to be repaired / corrected immediatly" and under that is a box that says "The above listed defects / discrepancies are to be repaired / corrected immediately. Contact the _______ Post at _______ to arrange for a vehical inspection within 72 hours."

just so you guys know. also when they finish the inspection and your all clear ( i wasn't) they give you a sticker to put on your windshield so you don't get stopped again ( i hate putting crap on my windshield )

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
was this just a local thing, or is it a state wide thing. We've never had inspections up here, and if we did I fail on just about everything probibly with the hatch.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yeah, i've never heard anything about that before. i hope it's just a local thing, because i really don't want to be stopped for something like that. . .

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's not local, it's ohio wide. they won't give you a ticket or anything, they'll just give you a list of shit to fix. this is the second time in like 4 years i've been stopped.

just so you know it can't be local they just setup shop some where and stop all ohio drivers that don't have an inspection sticker. it's VERY random they're usually only in one spot for maybe a few hours. so you may never see them. but yeah, tiresmoker you'd DEFINATLY fail on exhaust, you can't just shut the car off either because they'll make you start it back up to test the hand brake.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
wow that sucks, I never seen that around here so maybe we'll luck out. Plus the sedan is the daily driver so they can stop me all day and night in that thing. Now when they give you the sticker do they make you put it on immediately or can you put it on later. If you can put it on later I'll just throw it on the hatch[}:)] I don't care if I get stopped in the sedan, it's all stock[:D]

Oh with the exhaust thing, do they make you pop the hood, or just rev it. How does that work. Either way I'll probibly be screwed if I get stopped in it.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol they don't pop the hood, they just hear it. they don't rev it or anything. but i don't think with your zx3 you have to rev it :p

they don't get in your car at all, they just instruct you on what to do.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've never seen anything like that since I moved to Ohio about 5 years ago. I've lived in a decent amount of cities in the NE part of Ohio(Westlake, North Olmsted, Avon, Brunswick and now Massillon). Now that I've said that then I'll probably get pulled over tomorrow driving to Wooster for work lol

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well you'll see those big gravel pull off areas along a regular 2 lane road every now and then, those are where i've seen them.

i don't know if they make you put the sticker on immediatly or not. i never got one. maybe i'll go get one and i'll reproduce them for a few people :p

nah i'm not into fraud.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've never seen them around here either. . .. plenty of DUI check points, but no inspections. . ..
Brian, looks like you'll be in need of that resonator if they catch ya

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
actually the hatch at idle is not much louder with the new header/flex. It's that under load thing that gets me[:D] Thats why I was asking about reving the engine/ poping the hood and whatnot. Just when I would go to pull away they may stop me again[}:)]

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brian just put your sister in the passenger side, the cops will forget all about your car :p

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
^^^lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wow never had one yet in 16 years of driving so hope I miss them completly

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Wow! Never heard of that, but how do they make you stop? Is there a cop there? i'll be damned if i'm stopping for some yo yo on the side of the road to do an inspection! I've been in Ohio for 22 years and never had an inspection, but been pulled over for a Soberity Check Point Once....Luckily i was on my way to the bar and not from the bar [:D]

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah theres about 5 cops and they pull over 4 or 5 cars at a time, it takes about 5 mintues. it's really nothing to worry about

1 - 17 of 17 Posts