Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an '04 last night here in Seattle. Infra-Red, everything but the Euro package (those wheels... yummm... that'd be nice)

The beauty of it is there's not ONE door ding, scratch or interior flaw. Previous owner must have been *tight* (ahem).

Brand new TPS, timing belt/wp/serp belt, and a LUK clutch kit is going in next Monday, tis slipping a tad... and a CFM trans dogbone as well while they're at it. Alignment after that at Fordahl Motorsports after that; hang out with the REAL race cars!!!

So far, so good, thought it's still new to me... hoping to enjoy the ramblings here; I've been a member of the AF1 Racing forum since 6/06 so I'll TRY and be good... heehee those guys are NUTS, but a lot of fun!

So, greetings to ya'll...

-TommyTooHi

(an aprilia Tuono is my OTHER toy!!!)

Tuono is Italian for THUNDER!

·
Registered
179 Posts
very nice SVT!! i to just got my 03 infa red svt about 3-4 months ago and love it! iam coming from the honda scene. the torque from the svt is alot better and at times i hit the rev limiter just cause its so smooth and no drop in power thru the revs lol!! with the gsr i could tell by the power drop off when to shift! the car handles great and the room inside the car is awesome(compared to my gsr)!! all in all i love my svt and wish i would have got one sooner!! all my honda buddys were like what? your getting a focus? its a FOCUS ur stupid!! but now they say, wow thats nice for a focus lol!! so i think you will love the svt as so many other people do! welcome to the site and good modding!!

P.s i love the bike, i have a 2000 honda cbr 929rr!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I love a clean SVT.

Keep an eye out on the BST section for the EAP wheels, they pop up from time to time on the site.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
how many miles? has the timing belt been done yet? you might want to check, SVT is a interference engine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops

how many miles? has the timing belt been done yet? you might want to check, SVT is a interference engine.
Can I buy you a cup of coffee, guess you're not awake yet. [giggle]
Mentioned that in my orig post... it just got changed out, thanks, Wild West Cars + Trucks!

-TooHi

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
[facepalm], i'm an idiot. i read serp belt and some how missed it. [spank]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[facepalm], i'm an idiot.
you are not...

I tend to ramble on sometimes, but I thought to pop the 'ol proverbial cherry I'd put lots of stuff in ...

I'll keep an eye on you, though. [histerical]

-TooHi

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ricers...

Yeah, I had a '98 HX Civic Coupe (the Nuthin Burger version) a few years ago that didn't do it for me (torque? HAHA!) but the mileage couldn't be beat...
Had the suspension working well, REAL well for a commuter car... this thing has those beat hands down, for all the reasons you mention. Plus the ******* across the street might give me some respect in the 'Buy AmerrUkAn' dept.

And the 929's are sweet, but I'm an old(er) git and appreciate the handlebars and extra room of the Tuono.

Been the clip on route, done that - 1st bike: Honda 400-4, the first Japanese 'cafe' bike, bored it out to 454, clubman bars, 1/4 fairing, etc etc.

-TooHi

very nice SVT!! i to just got my 03 infa red svt about 3-4 months ago and love it! iam coming from the honda scene. the torque from the svt is alot better and at times i hit the rev limiter just cause its so smooth and no drop in power thru the revs lol!! with the gsr i could tell by the power drop off when to shift! the car handles great and the room inside the car is awesome(compared to my gsr)!! all in all i love my svt and wish i would have got one sooner!! all my honda buddys were like what? your getting a focus? its a FOCUS ur stupid!! but now they say, wow thats nice for a focus lol!! so i think you will love the svt as so many other people do! welcome to the site and good modding!!

P.s i love the bike, i have a 2000 honda cbr 929rr!

·
Registered
179 Posts
And the 929's are sweet, but I'm an old(er) git and appreciate the handlebars and extra room of the Tuono.

Been the clip on route, done that - 1st bike: Honda 400-4, the first Japanese 'cafe' bike, bored it out to 454, clubman bars, 1/4 fairing, etc etc.

-TooHi
lol i hear ya iam getting to that point i think...my neck and hips are starting to hurt after about 2 hours of riding, when iam by myself its really not to bad!...and if i have my girl on the back its just awful lol!!!

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
nice! welcome to the focus forum!!! and also welcome to the NW group. you will have to come down sometime and hangout with some of us. most of us live around tacoma.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
Nice looking car, I always thought that the six spoke rims would look great if they were dark argent like the EAP wheels.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THIS one won't get moderated into oblivion

nice! welcome to the focus forum!!! and also welcome to the NW group. you will have to come down sometime and hangout with some of us. most of us live around tacoma.
thanks, ping me when there's something about to happen.

I made a comment in a previous reply that apparently stepped on someone's toes, and it got whacked.

I'll tell ya all about it... it was a FUNNY double entendre about how Tacoma once smelled BAD (when the smelter was running...)

-TooHi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts