Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah just kidding. I was just gonna let everyone know that I enlisted in the Army this past weekend. I leave for basic training on Jan. 13th. [headbang] I'll be at Ft. Jackson S.C. and doing my AIT (job) training at Ft. Gordon GA. So I'll still be in the South baby!!! I'll miss talking to you guys when I leave [bigcry], and the one thing the really sucks is that I won't be here for the Autox that next weekend. DAMMIT!

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
And what possessed you to do this ? See what happens when you turn your pinky up while you drink , now you feel like you need to change the world .

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. I've been talking about it for a while with the boss. It's not like I just decided to up and join, but the pinky up has got to be taught.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
I hear ya! Well i hope you get to stay state side and not get shipped off overseas like i did when i was in.Oyea how big was your sign on bonus???

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It nice let's put it that way. Not the 40k they offer, but I did have it offered on a few different jobs.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
So what mos did you end up with? I was a 12c combat engineer.I say you got the gi bill too right??

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well well, it sucks you'll be out like this but you know we all appreciate what your doing.

We will be running out to see you before you leave out man.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
friggin jon and his double posts, maybe if he had a little army discipline it wouldn't happen, lol. good luck bro, have fun.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet action Jon. That's great! Thanks Steve. I might swing by and slap you around later this week. I'm heading up to the mountain Thursday & probably staying through the weekend.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep yep. Thanks Sean. About how far away will you be Dani? I know it's about 200 miles from Valley.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's awsome, Lolly. My brother, Patrick, just graduated Basic/AIT in Missouri on December 10th. He's going to be a Military Policeman. Also, my friend John just graduated from SC, I believe, as a Mechanic. Somewhere in that area. Or maybe it was GA. whatever, it was in the south somewhere. lol.

But anyway, Good luck to you, man![clap]

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Carl & Kelly. We most deffi. will have to Eric.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have fun in Basic and AIT. It certainly isn't difficult anymore. Just do your best. Check out this website for Ft Gordon. http://www.gordon.army.mil/ Scroll down to enlisted training and click. Your mos is listed there.
I am retired and was in Signal for twenty years. I was also an instructor many years ago.
Good Luck

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Is there a BWW in Mobile now?

I love their food (just wasn't willing to sit in the cold and wait an hour to eat it) and that would make a good spot for a small going away party.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet action Thanks Al.
Yes Jon. It's out towards West Mobile. At Airport & Hillcrest.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts