Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday/last night I took my headlights out to paint them, I covered the wire/bulb so it wouldnt get wet if it rained which it did. Today when it stopped raining for a bit I put everything back the way it was and when I went to start it... all my electricals freaked out and my car did not start, all warning lights flashed and the car barely sounded like it tried to start, my wipers even turned on somehow once. what in the world happened?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
This is just an idea but have you tried charging your battery. Maybe something got wet and crossed killing the battery.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I went out there and had the menu open you can bring up with the trip and I just tried to start it and it works and all electricals work I even turned it off and it started normal after that, just happy its working now lol

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi flamebird1313,

I'm glad it's working now! You may want to consider having it tested at your local dealer just to make sure everything is functioning correctly, since there is a promotion for a free battery check.

~Natasha

·
Registered
520 Posts
if your battery dies and you get it tested of course a dead battery will test bad. It would need to be fully charged back up then let sit to remove surface charge then tested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts