Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well then. I notice no difference in fuel consumption, mileage hasn’t changed (albeit only two days since fill up). Outside of the car, engine bay, underneath, no smell. Inside the car, wow. It smells like fuel when driving, idling and car is off, but dissipates after it has set. Rear door seal is actually new, so it’s not coming in there. But, I have had a headache the past few days, like I have never had before. I’m attributing to the overwhelming fuel smell. I just got to work, put it on a lift to check for leaks at idle and off. I cannot see anything!!! Any thoughts on this? It’s just weird and not a good thing that it’s fuming the passenger compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely fuel. Huge difference between exhaust and fuel. Not sure how people get that mixed up. Exhaust is heavy bodied, a good amount of humidity, fuel is more of a light airy floating, while still slightly pungent. Lol. Besides, I drove around a 96 f250 with no back window and a shell on for almost two years, I know what exhaust smells like.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here we go, no smell driving in tonight. I wonder if it’s a temperature thing. It’s significantly cooler tonight than it was last night, about 15 degrees.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I cut the access panel under the rear seat to change the fuel pump. The rubber seal eventually leaked gas above the tank and it stunk really bad inside only. Lift up the carpet under the passenger rear seat send check that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts