Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning when I started my car I went to put my foot on the clutch and go into first and I noticed a faint ticking noise. Then when I took my foot off the clutch slowly with it neutral it would make the ticking and then when I put my foot back down on the clutch it would go away. I don't know if it's normal or if it's clutch tsb time. The tsb on my car has already been done they gave me a whole new transmission at 7,000 miles and I only have 38,000 miles on it. Maybe you guys got a little advice.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Noise w/ clutch out, NO noise w/ clutch depressed......sounds like clutch tsb to me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean I heard my buddies do it and it was loud, but at this time mine is faint but noticeable. Should I let it get worse and then take it in or just do it now before things get worse??? Also will they still take fix it even though the clutch isn't slipping, because the clutch isn't slipping at all. Just the clutch pedal is about 3/4 of the way up from the floor. Which is stupid because it seems like just yesterday it was right at the floor. I honestly hate my car for this reason I was just waiting for something to happen with the damn clutch.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I actually have the same noise. It's been happening for about a month and hasn't really gotten worse, but that's because I have been REALLY easy on the clutch. No 1st gear burnouts for me. If I want to haul ass, I put in 1st quickly (NOT a drag race launch) and then floor it, then I speed-shift 1-2 and 2-3 (most wear happens when pulling away from a stop in 1st). Rev-matching and heel and toe downshifting should go w/o mentioning, but I'll do it anyways.

I am bidding my time until I can get a new flywheel and clutch, which Lord willing will be in the next 2 months.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Mine has had the TSB 3 times now. The updated parts are better, and not as noisey as the originals, but still far from being acceptable.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm getting the TSB follow up here tomorrow. They've already ordered the parts, just waiting for them to come in. They didn't order a clutch though, (bastards), but i'll get the flywheel and master cylinder and hardware out of it. They might also have to put in a tranny. In which i'll request the new clutch.

but just a question along with the topic of this thread. How high are all of your clutches off the floor. Beginning engagement, full engagement, etc. please specify.

Mine engages roughly 1/3 of the way out, and isn't fully engaged until 4/5 of the way out.

·
Banned
171 Posts
SVT_CLARITY said:
I'm getting the TSB follow up here tomorrow. They've already ordered the parts, just waiting for them to come in. They didn't order a clutch though, (bastards), but i'll get the flywheel and master cylinder and hardware out of it. They might also have to put in a tranny. In which i'll request the new clutch.

but just a question along with the topic of this thread. How high are all of your clutches off the floor. Beginning engagement, full engagement, etc. please specify.

Mine engages roughly 1/3 of the way out, and isn't fully engaged until 4/5 of the way out.
Ask what they ordered, You can NOT use the updated flywheel with the old clutch parts because the new stuff is physically larger.

Besides the fact that the TSB requires installation of the complete new setup.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know mine is weird like that to and I know it lets out funny because of the dual mass flywheel. But it seems like it's about 1/3 of the way up when it starts to let go and then about 3/4 of the way up it fullly engages. Before it was nice because it was right at the floor and fully engaged about half way. Also my pedal is starting to feel different as well such as the pressure. It is starting to get hard, like if I have to hold it at a light it's getting a little annoying now. So who knows maybe that piece of sh** clutch they put in is finally starting to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts