Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, God No. I think my car is starting to mess up. I have an Auto and the thing makes noise every time I am stopped w/ the car in Drive. I put the car in neutral and the car doesnt make noise. It makes a grinding, pinging noise that sounds like the car is on the verge of shutting off. I am not sure if its the engine or the tranny. My instinct tells me its the tranny, just cause of how well I take car of my engine, theres not much you can do to take car of a tranny (just maintain it) I alwayz put good gas in the car and change the oil every 3000 miles religiously, not to mention I use slick 50 and other things in the engine. I did use the slick 50 tranny solution about 1k back and it made the noise a lil better, but its still there and its worring me big time!!!!!!!! Any Ideas guys?????????

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From day one (The car has 60,000 miles on it) I have raced the car hard. I am not a light driver, I weigh down on the gas often and let it rip down the road. I have been better in the last few months (from 50 to 60k) becuase I am scared that the tranny is gonna slip on me.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Megamanx907 said:
From day one (The car has 60,000 miles on it) I have raced the car hard. I am not a light driver, I weigh down on the gas often and let it rip down the road. I have been better in the last few months (from 50 to 60k) becuase I am scared that the tranny is gonna slip on me.
"just cause of how well I take car of my engine,"

you just contradicted your self...

there is nothing like you said that you can do really.... the only thing i can think of is maybe get a tune up.. and take it easy on her for a while.. my tranny started to slip but i took it easy for a while and it went away... havent had a problem in over a year...

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
sadly to say.. but yes.. but not for long...

i was suppose to go to nopi nationals and was going to get my tranny switched out there.. but got f'd from the military and my leave didnt go through... so i have to wait till spring...

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
fokuz a tranny swap isnt a walk in the park, hope you have a knowledgable crew man, and megaman if you have it determined that its not the engine, maybe you should look into a Lentech rebuild [8D]

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think its the Tranny cause when I put the car in Neutral it doesnt make the noise. I can hear the grinding there too. oh well whatever, I think Ill just go w/ what you were saying fokuz and take it easy on her and then I will get that Tune up and see what happens. I am lucky to have 2 friends that work at 2 different fords near me and they are both mechanics, so they will look at it for free for me, its just a matter of finding the time to meet them after hours at ford, which is tough!!!! Yeah as for building a new tranny, not gonna happen unless the thing is broken for good. My wife made me promise that I wouldnt put any more mods on the car after I did the exhaust system, other than gifts from people (hense my header and TB on my bday in Nov) Maybe Ill ask for some cam gears or something for Christmas and thatll fix her up!!!!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I did all the regular maintanence stuff already, it might be time for another tranny fluid change cause I did that the first time I heard the noise (around 35000 miles) and got the fluid changed. I just didnt think it was time for it again already cause it only has 60000. I also have slick 50 in there as well, and the color of my fluid is still that red pink color, not brown like its dirty. Buy ya never know. Thanks lil red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts