Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...i know another guy just did this, but i have different questions...

first off i was checking my spark plugs and noticed that they all had quite a bit of oil on them...which is im sure why my car has been running so poorly...well i figured okay well ive replaced the gasket, so i'll just tighten the bolts down a bit...well i tightened, and then SNAP!!!

im going to get bolt extracter bits, and try and get it out, but i need several other things!

what is the part number for new cam gear cover bolts?

and more importantly, this is my daily driver with 1 bolt only broken, can i still drive it to and from work pretty safely? i let the car run for a while (idle + gave it some gas a few times) then checked and didnt see any puddles yet, but that was only for like a minute soo...can i drive it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive been driving my zetec with a leaking camcover gasket for about 3 weeks now (the garage still hasnt called me back about a price), imo it should be okay since mine hasnt died yet

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...well i got the bolt out super easy!

i used the bolt extractor, and it came out really easily!

my gasket was really stretched out, so i acctually cut it!...and then filled in the crack with black silicone...so far so good!

and...my gfs family owns a ford dealership and he ordered the bolts, gasket, and bolt seels for me!

looks like ill be leak free after tomorrow...plus its fine as is...prob not long term though!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Did you put some gasket silicone on the curves where the cams go through if not it might start leaking from there. I'd keep an eye on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts