Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so i just spent about 30 minutes trying to search for information about wheel offsets and stuff. my 05 ST can run anything from 43-~50 mm of offset, right? (or am i even saying that right?) I've been looking for wheels that are the same bolt pattern...i'm hoping to get some at the beginning of the year or so.. I found out that fox body's have the same bolt pattern, except their offset is +18mm or so. if i bolted the mustang wheels directly up to the focus, then there would be a ton of poke, right? eventually i want to have the car on some coilovers, stretched tires, etc etc. thanks!!

ps - hopefully i dont sound too dumb! i've just been up for about 36 hours and still cant fall asleep ugh.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Yes, you can run those old Mustang wheels, but it takes a lot of drop and fender rolling/camber adjustment to work. Not only is the offset really high, the wheels are also like 9" wide or something. Remember, it's not just about offset, it's offset and width together. 1010tires.com has a wheel offset calculator that will help you figure some of that stuff out. As for other wheels, you can usually run up to about 7.5" wide with +40 offset on the Focus. I have 7" wide wheels with +40, and I love the way it looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones that i'd want are 17x8.5. i definitely wont be doing anything any time soon, just trying to see whats possible and all. I even did a crappy photoshop to see what it may look like.. i think I like it..

maybe in the next year or so it'll be looking like that..

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Haha good luck getting them that far inside the fender. There's a couple threads on this site about Mustang wheels, search around and try to find them. Be ready to roll your fenders and run quite a bit of camber, though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha good luck getting them that far inside the fender. There's a couple threads on this site about Mustang wheels, search around and try to find them. Be ready to roll your fenders and run quite a bit of camber, though.
rolling fenders isn't a new thing to me.. i had to do it to my mustang and to my volvo.. camber shouldn't be too hard to figure out either. i want to get a coilover setup (so i can go low, and also be adjustable) regardless of the wheels, so that should help with that. also, i'm open to just making stuff fit haha. we'll see what happens though.

Thanks for all the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts