Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some 17x7 wheels with a 38 offset. I will be lowered on an FRPP kit. Will this offset work on my 2009 with the FRPP kit, and if so what tire size should I go with?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Well, you will be increasing how far your wheels stick out by about 10-11mm (7/16")

For a rough idea measure straight up from the of where your tires are now and see what the tire/wheel you have now would be hitting if they were 10mm further. At a very modest drop i would say you are fine to stay with a oem tire of 205.45.17. Possibly rubbing on heavy cornering/dips but probably fine in a daily driving setting. I could see the fronts starting to hit the fender liner if your 09 is anything like my 07, ive chopped up my liners to a certain extent to cut down on rubbing.

My winter wheels are 17x7 et42 and i use a 215.45 tire and are lower than what you would be. I will occasionally rub but only on aforementioned hard turns/big dips in the road. It's most in the rear where my fender/bumper join (2007, so not the same as your 09. I feel like the '08+ have more room in the fender areas.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recommended is 40-49 anyways right? I know it's a 2mm difference but whatever. What offset would make the wheels flush with the fenders? Just curious.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I'm seein' 38 posted now, vs. 42mm Stock for that size it's 4mm extra - no worries as mentioned.

215/45-17 is Stock for SVT sizing, 205's will work as well.
All of the 17x7 Ford wheels were et 49...still not a large of enough difference between et38 to make a big difference in the wheels not fitting. Not unless you are really low [:)]

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Recommended is 40-49 anyways right? I know it's a 2mm difference but whatever. What offset would make the wheels flush with the fenders? Just curious.
depends on the width...Id call 17x8 et30 to be about flush (must be really low and stretched tire to make it look right though.) You'd have issues with rubbing on bumps with a regular tire if you went flush. Cant say i have seen 17x7 in a low enough offset to look flush. You can always add 5-15mm spacers to find out though (just buy longer studs first)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
fixed it!

Sorry, I remembered wrong & was thinking the SVT's were 42 offset like your set, not 49 with 42 being an acceptable alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts