Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my wheels pretty soon and a lot of the wheels I've looked at have an offset of 42+, 40+, and so on. My suspension is stock on 215/45/17 tires so in question, will I have any issues going with a wheel that has a lower offset than the SVT wheels? I plan on keeping my suspension stock. I don't know much about suspensions sorry.

·
Registered
301 Posts
49mm is the factory wheel offset. you want to stay above 42mm to avoid rubbing with your stock suspension. although everybody has had different experiences with different wheel/tire/suspension setups. for example, actual tire size will differ between manufacturers, even with the exact same size.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my wheels pretty soon and a lot of the wheels I've looked at have an offset of 42+, 40+, and so on. My suspension is stock on 215/45/17 tires so in question, will I have any issues going with a wheel that has a lower offset than the SVT wheels? I plan on keeping my suspension stock. I don't know much about suspensions sorry.[/QUOT

The stock SVT suspension is great. If you're happy with the handling of the car as is there is no reason to play with it. If for some reason you have money to burn and need help we'd be more than happy to help you spend it. Just make sure to refresh (replace) the shocks every 50,000 miles or so. That and fresh tires will make the SVT fell new for a long time. Genuine SVT shocks/struts go for less than 200.00 for a complete set from several of the on-site vendors. Regarding wheels, I recommend an offset of 45 mm to 49mm. This pretty much assures no rubbing or interference issues, especially if you load up the back seat with fiends. Stick with the stock tire size you referenced as well. Good selection in this size as well as reasonable prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts