Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a wheel with a +45mm offest sit out too far from mt car? And does anyone make slotted rotors and bigger calipers for the 06' st? I have dis brakes all around but wanted slotted rotors and bigger calipers to handle mods and bigger rims.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I dont think without spending alot of money you could get larger caliper. I know Baer makes 13in rotor and 2? or 4? piston calipers but they are pretty pricey. You get some good quality rotors and stainless braided brake lines and im sure that would be a noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
baer kit can be had for low 700s, 2 piston calipers. the brembo is about 1500 with 4 piston calipers. brembo requires a 17x7 with 42mm offset, baer requires a 17 inch, unknown offset, but I think it'll work on stock svt spec wheels 17x7 49mm

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about a 45+mm offset what will that look like??

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
45mm offset should be just about perfect. [thumb]
It's when you get down to 40-42 that the tires get awful close to the fender lips on the front.
^^^And...the probability of rubbing greatly increases with a drop.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
you can get a 42 offset and be okay. i have 42 offset with a sportline suspension and i rubbed just a little. so if you are on stock springs 42-49 will be oka.

and about the brakes you can get the svt caliper and mounting bracket, and any svt rotor. talk to massive, he did this to his 05 st.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A better and cheaper investment would be high performance pads, fresh fluid and possibly some braided brake lines. Bigger rotors will not guarantee that you will stop faster...they can actually make thing worse especially on the street. Read several of the stickies at the top of this topic area for good info.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i personally am getting the BAER kit for the front and the rear. i was thinking about a 45mm offset and hopefully those would fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts