Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide on weather or not i want to completly get rid of my cat and replace it with the offroad pipe, or weather i should just go with a high flow cat converter. im not gonna do the exaust untill i have headers, flex, and something to repace the stock cat converter with. anybody have any thoughts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Depending on how easy it is to swap in and out the cat, the off road pipe may be the way to go... just swap in stock cat for emissions... then you are set for another 2 years..

·
Registered
688 Posts
well first off, y u wanna decide on the weather? lol not sure if u want rain or sun? sry had to do that.u ment whether tho , if u have emessions, go with the high flow, if u dont, go with the offroadpipe , or u could keep the stock and if u go to the track change it to a offroad pipe

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Every state has emissions laws, some states just don't check if you have a cat or not. If they do check, and you don't have one, you're screwed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
actually NH doesnt have emission testing, thats why im getting a race header...we jus have inspections. u know to see if the lights work and shyt..stupid stuff

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
You are still required to have a cat, they just don't check for it. It's the same way here, and most states. If they decide to start checking for it, you'll need to have a cat.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ha, oh well. Even if im required to have a cat, i wouldnt care much since we dont have emission testing, only thing they look for when inspecting, is lights work..brake light work, horn works, ect..n if they check the exhaust..its jus for leaks..but when i watched em do it once, they looked under..but jus checked if the suspension n shyt was right, they were more concerned on me not having a right side mirror but i passes cuz i had my rear view n my left side mirror...but anyways

·
Registered
341 Posts
having a random doesnt make you legal. dependin on emission laws you can still fail. and with states such as here in md, a random is still able to flip a code sometimes. which in md's case, since they plug into your obd port...they see that code, automatic fail. besides any state its illegal to replace an otherwise undamaged cat before 75k i believe it is. its a very sticky deal, 1 that drives me up a wall all the time. i've taken steps to make my orp swaps for track days as easy as possible (spare egr bungs and o2 sensors, egr removal), but still its a pain sometimes and i cant really deal w/the excess noise. this in addition to the fact that i now have to change flexs b/c mine is blown out already and i cant get any help on that.

-Ult

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Ultegra, how does that Bosal exhaust sound? And does the resonator work real well with your full exhaust system or is it still really noisy?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah there isnt any testing in ohio but part of me thinks it better to be safe than sorry...then the other half wants to haul ass. and thanks on the spell check FoCuZdRiVeR lol. i just type things the way they sound most of the time without really looking at it. hehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts