Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an orp off ebay and i noticed it had two bolts on one side in the picture and none of the bolts for the other side

anyone know what size and thread pattern i would need should it show up without the bolts?

because i heard the stock bolts like to break during cat removal

also how hard is it to get the cat off?

thanks[:eek:]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wait and see on the bolts.If they don't send them it's not a big problem to get more from a local parts store and even if they do you may want new ones anyway."possibly gaskets there cheap"

I had a tough time with changing an orp becouse the bolts on the stock cat were hard to remove.

Other than that it was simple to put the orp on. I recomend a muffler shop if you don't have a good place to work on it and good tools. If you do it your self I recomend good jackstands socket wrench long extensions a regular wrench lots of penatrating oil and maybee a pipe for levrage on the socket wrench depending on how big a boy you are and how rusty the factory nets and studs are

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
ummm, a muffler shop wont touch putting an orp on. could be big trouble for them since they would be removing the cat which is way illegal for a shop to be doing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did my ORP install in about 40 minutes with my friend and I was rather drunk. But then again taking off a stock cat on a Foc is easier that doing H and X pipes on stangs which I have been doing for years. Stock bolts are always hard to remove, but if you get a can of PB blaster from Wal Mart or parts stores or wherever, and spray the bolts and let it sit for 10-20, they'll come right off. Extensions, and possibly swivels help too![thumb]

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS! the bolts are the parts that snap, its the attached nut on the inside. if it snaps you have to drill through and but some nice stainless nut and bolts in. At least thats what I did. Penetrating oil is a nice touch, but you have to spray the hell out of them.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Spray, wait 10 minutes, spray some more, wait another 10 minutes, spray some more, wait another 10 minutes, spray some more, wait 10 more minutes, THEN try and get the nuts broken loose.

Don't reuse the bolts that are on the cat. Get new bolts, nuts, washers, and lock washers (like 10 bucks total at Lowes).

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...I use stainless steel nuts and bolts on all exhaust, beginning at the head,and assemble with a good hi temp anti-seize compound.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
OR YOU could just get a impact wrench

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
that impact won't doyou any good if, or may be the cause of, a frozen bolt breaks in a threaded flange or ....

·
Registered
970 Posts
The flanges aren't threaded, so that isn't an issue :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
sickboy1031 said:
i just got an orp off ebay and i noticed it had two bolts on one side in the picture and none of the bolts for the other side

anyone know what size and thread pattern i would need should it show up without the bolts?

because i heard the stock bolts like to break during cat removal

also how hard is it to get the cat off?

thanks[:eek:]
Give me alittle bit and i'll find you the size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts