Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Tbh i had just used a cobra that was on sale at my local parts store... i think i paid like 30 bucks for two.. but who knows how long ago lol

i have to purchase another one because in the last move i seem to misplace them.

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts
I've found 'group' apps for the phone, but they all cost money.

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Actually

Zello is on IOS.. we use it for our local Mexico Trips.. lol

you can setup a group chat and use passwords or none to invite.. free to use..

i was thinking of using that for the actual event and announcing people to keep an eye on it.. so when we announce winners, or the events, we can announce there.. since last year we had a communication issue

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts
I think I had looked into that and its free for like 5 users and then it charged after that.

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
our illinois group has over a 100 people.. and we never paid.. i can look a little bit deeper into it...

worst case scenario we can stick to the original walkie idea and let everyone what channel FF will be broadcast on for announcements and such.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Actually

i was thinking of using that for the actual event and announcing people to keep an eye on it.. so when we announce winners, or the events, we can announce there.. since last year we had a communication issue
That sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'd only use the app if it works with wifi... I'm not using my phone down there, I'm taking my SIM card out once I cross from Alberta to Saskatchewan. I don't want to come home to a $1000+ phone bill... It's happened before.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Canada does have some of the worst mobile service plans ever. I don't blame you.
For about $100/mo I get a few gigs of data, unlimited texting in Alberta, family five (group that i can call for close to free) and free phone weekends

·
Registered
779 Posts
Actually

I think I had looked into that and its free for like 5 users and then it charged after that.

Are we doing the walkie talkie app???

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Are we doing the walkie talkie app???
We will be using the walkie talkie app Zello for the actual event.

We are setting it up and giving everyone the QR codes and info on Friday night.

Also the facebook page updated that today.

As far as the caravan, we will be using actual walkies, as you guys meet up give each other whichever channel everyone is using.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Ummmmmmm, the midwest crew is stopping in Arnold, Mo. Which is north of sikeston.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts