Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum a while back while I was researching SVT focus specific data and finally found one to buy. I've been looking at them for a few months now. I'm a long time member over on SVTPerformance.com.
I picked up an 03 ZX3 in competition orange (EAP) on Wednesday. I'm lovin it so far. This will be my daily driver. I also have an 04 cobra coupe (Screaming Yellow).

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

a few photos from the ad

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats!!!

I also just picked one up for myself after 6+ months of looking. Got a screaming yellow EAP. I love it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I really wanted but couldn't find one close enough. I did find one in GA but couldnt work the deal out. some one grabbed it first.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That blows, I looked for a long time before I found one I was happy with. I found it in Michigan, drove 700 miles to pick it up. Haha
Couldn't be happier though.

I like the black stripes on the hood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got mine regestered on Monday!!!

My first car was a 1995 3000GT and i"ve owned it for about 3 years now and 2 weeks ago i bought my 2003 zx5 SVT. Loving the 6 speed! :)
(3k is an automatic)

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Welcome to the SVTF side of Ford.

What type of mileage was on the car?

Have you checked all of the usuals on the car?
- Mainly the Timing Belt- A common fail after 100+ miles.

[welcome] to FocusFanatics.

-Ray-

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the SVTF side of Ford.

What type of mileage was on the car?

93K miles

Have you checked all of the usuals on the car?
- Mainly the Timing Belt- A common fail after 100+ miles.

Not yet but that is the first thing on my list of things to check.

[welcome] to FocusFanatics.

-Ray-
Haha I was gonna ask that too. No pics of them together?
No pics together yet. But I will get some soon.

Here is the cobra.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sweet Whip!

Really wanted one of those but a nice one is still a little out of my budget and gas sucks so I went with a different SVT

·
Registered
33 Posts
my SVT's got 72k miles on it and I've put just under 200 miles on it so far after checking all basics like tire pressure and fluids. i will be looking into timing belt changing as well. i performed the hellish task of chinging the belts on my 3000GT and it took an entire day while following instructions. so im not particularily looking forward to it. lol

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
The SVTF won't take you all day, but if you aren't familiar, you will probably be able to do it under 6-7 hours.

Also, if you are thinking about doing it ... look into getting the timing bar and pin for the 00-04 Focus.

Here's a link - > CLICK ME TO LINK

-Ray-

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few more pics. Got both cleaned up this evening. I'm taking the Mustang to a show tomorrow. The Foodlion Autofair in Concord at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

not very good light but here they are. Cant wait to take them up on the parkway this fall and get some pics. I really wanted another yellow but I think the Orange is going to grow on me. I always liked the Comp. Orange. Sonic Blue is another favorite. These were the top there colors I was focusing on while searching.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Beautiful Cobra, just uh... can't describe :drool: [giggle]

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
was that the same focus that was on CL in winston? Good lookin car man.

I was gonna head down for the Auto Fair in Charlotte but school got in the way

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
was that the same focus that was on CL in winston? Good lookin car man.

I was gonna head down for the Auto Fair in Charlotte but school got in the way
yes, I bought it from a local guy from Dobson. It's nice. I really like it so far.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it has been lowered, that's it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Good deal, looks clean.

gotta love the interior of the eaps. Out of all of the factory tuned cars with recaros (cobalt ss, saturn ion redline, vw gli's etc..) the eaps is by far the classiest. great pic

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm thinking about taking the midwing or rear spoiler (which ever it's called) off. I think it's a cervini's. Any one know by looking at the pics I posted? It is a one piece wing. Great quality and perfect paint for some one else with a competition orange. I think I just like the stock look better. Can anyone confirm this before I list it for sale. I think I can sell it and use that money to fix (fill holes) and paint my hatch.

here is a link to the cervini's site. I believe it is a cervinis from what I can tell.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1157#2225

thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts