Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dealer I have been in contact with are accepting deposits starting at $5,000 and have been allocated 12 cars. I'm in process of trying to to secure a spot in line for myself.. But 5 grand prior to order banks opening is outrageous (imo)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Put a deposit down on 10-02-2015 for 2016 Ford Focus RS at MSRP. I have been working with this salesman for awhile. I am first on their RS list and mine will be ordered on October 12, 2015 when the order banks open.

Good luck to everyone. Hoping everyone get's their RS with no ADM attached.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Deposit down!!!! dealership has one car allocated to them.... It now has my name on it!! :)

Other dealers have 1-4 allocated to them and are spoken for or they are working down their list.

I've seen mark up from $2k to $10k the highest is in Phx.

j

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put a $500 deposit down on an RS at MRSP last night. The dealer's manager said that he was unsure if Ford would give them the allocation to sell me the RS, but because that particular dealership had no other orders for the RS they were hopeful! I should know within two weeks whether or not Ford will be building me an RS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In NY, one dealership I visited refused to order the car for me at anything less than $5000 above the MRSP price. I laughed my way out the door.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I am gonna wait til after the holidays and talk to my local dealerships again.
I spoke to them in the summer and am on like 3-4 dealership lists to call if they get info.

I am saving up my sizeable down payment along with trading in my daily, but I want to make sure I get the best price I feel comfortable with. Before diving at the first batch, I want to get the cost in the right place. I am not worried about being first, I just want to own one. Whether that be in Spring or next Christmas, I will just be happy knowing, I am aiming for one myself.

Ray

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think Ford will sell every RS they import before summer if not even before they arrive on US soil.
I guess all of those "early adopters" are accepting the risk of being beta trial participants with open eyes, and not expecting perfection in the first model year. No cry babies need apply. (Could you imagine the uproar if Ford announced that they were only going to sell 100 of the first builds, evenly distributed around the country, and then evaluate them for two years for quality and reliability concerns before selling any more?)

·
Registered
18 Posts
ordered 2016 Ford Focus RS - Selected for Scheduling

color= Shadow Black

RS2
Forged wheels
Moonroof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Order in!

Ordered a RS, stealth gray, moonroof, got the build sheet and it's in process. Got the only one alloted to the local dealer! $500 deposit, have a price set. Estimated delivery the end of Feb. My beater 2007 3-door S model is officially up for sale. [headbang] Guess I'll need to edit the mpg in my signature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The part before the mpg too, I hope. It would break everyone's heart (unless vulture) to see a new RS get crashed.
Been there done that. I have already had my life altering, near fatal car accident with a Jeep 13 years ago. Head on at 65 mph. No airbag. Broke most of everything below the waist. I generally drive the speed limit, just like to bang gears and get to it ASAP. "Spirited" I believe the Tire Rack calls it.[:)]

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I guess we have different images of what "like an idiot" means then. (Edit: For me, it would be how I would be likely to drive an RS if I owned one. [burnout]) Hope you recovered OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put my deposit down back in May 2015. Second deposit at the dealer and ETA is July/August 2016. Simply Cant Wait.
Not sure what to do with my Mountuned MP300 Focus ST, Maybe give it a wash any rest it for a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Delivery Date still the end of February

Ordered a RS, stealth gray, moonroof, got the build sheet and it's in process. Got the only one alloted to the local dealer! $500 deposit, have a price set. Estimated delivery the end of Feb. My beater 2007 3-door S model is officially up for sale. [headbang] Guess I'll need to edit the mpg in my signature.
With the RCU production problems is you delivery date still the end of February ?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts