Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Just got off the phone with a salesman whom spoke to a "district manager" who stated only 2k would be imported for 2016.

He's giving you incentive to buy RIGHT now before they're all gone!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I just want to know somebody who's buying one so MAYBE I can get to test drive one since I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'll ever get inside one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
They really doing deposits on the RS. I ask my work ford dealership about the RS, and if they can do any kind of money down and they look lost like they didnt know what i was talking. I was like i want to get a RS when u are able to buy them and if i can drop some money down for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put money down and am first in line at my dealer as well. Hedging my bets and am first in line at another dealer as well. Fortunately the first dealer has high sales of ST's so I should be all set there. Very excited.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Are you willing to pay "market adjustment" price too. If it's limited to the rumored number of 2000 cars then almost all will be sold with the premium.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it and get that in writing. When I bought my '00 Acura Integra Type R I put $500 down 6 months before release with a guarantee of the $24,995 sticker and when I went to pick it up there was a $2500 "market adjusted" price but I had an iron clad contract and couldn't stick me with the extra cost. Like I said,if you put money down make sure you have a guarantee of the said price.

Being as possible limited (and no news of another model year) as the rumors might be true,you would easily see a $5k markup at least and all will still go out the door so unless you're buddy-buddy with a dealership be cautious. The dealership "saying" they'd do MSRP doesn't sound very solid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll get it in writing when I'm next over there.
Even if they mark it up, I'm going to go for it. I want the car really badly.

That said, the rumors floating around the rest of the internet seem to indicate 2 things. One, that there are at least 2 runs of the car (confirmed via the leaked allocation schedule, you've seen that right?), and two, dealerships will be able to order cars above and beyond their allocations (also leaked).

Of the 2 dealers, both told me they'd have their allocations this week (Thurs for one, Friday for the other). I'll be happy to get the price locked in, order submitted, and stop stressing. Never would I have imagined it'd be hard to get someone to take $42k from me...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Are you willing to pay "market adjustment" price too. If it's limited to the rumored number of 2000 cars then almost all will be sold with the premium.
Those were speculated about but never materialized for the Focus ST and granted the RS is being imported and may be more limited production but I think Ford would like to sell all they can make. Besides, that market adjustment thing creates ill will among the car buying public that I think Ford would rather avoid.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
It's not just that it will have a limited number imported (I do think Ford has a finite number they will import) as it might be a one year car also and Ford charging $10k+ on GT500s doesn't seem to be making waves from buyers so I'd be betting there will be an upcharge on the RS.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts