Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've contacted a local dealer to see if they have any local list created for ordering when they become available. The salesman I spoke with wanted to talk to someone else at the dealership who won't be in until Monday, so I've got to talk to him again then to see what the deal is.

I'm very interested in an RS. I was pretty set on an ST, but I started to hear so many rumors about the RS coming that I decided to wait. From what I've heard that's looking like a good decision. It'll be about a year until they're available, so in the mean time I can save up some cash or pay off our Explorer to make room for that RS payment.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
What's a reasonable and realistic payment to most people. My STI payment was pushing my budget and I got it used.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
ThatOneGuy had it right.

Qweesy, your entire retort had next to nothing to do with OneGuy's response and comes off as quite juvenile.

If you are concerned that much about a 500-1000 dollar deposit, perhaps the RS is not the car for you.
dont start cryin again Dawson[:)~]

Im sayin the money you thought you put down for the car...didn't go to any RS. since you don't mind throwing down 500$ to a 1000$ on nothing "thin air" I was letting you know that I could put it to better use for you.

But yes I will be getting an RS in the "smurf blue color" [poke]

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dont start cryin again Dawson[:)~]

Im sayin the money you thought you put down for the car...didn't go to any RS. since you don't mind throwing down 500$ to a 1000$ on nothing "thin air" I was letting you know that I could put it to better use for you.

But yes I will be getting an RS in the "smurf blue color" [poke]
Why wouldn't it go towards an RS?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why wouldn't it go towards an RS?
It would go to the RS, don't mind him. This will probably be the first car Qweesy will buy without his parents signing all the paperwork.[giddy]

He will understand afterwards.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I just wanted to hear his explanation. As a CPA that focuses on dealerships, I know the deposit goes towards the car.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
It would go to the RS, don't mind him. This will probably be the first car Qweesy will buy without his parents signing all the paperwork.[giddy]

He will understand afterwards.
you're funny man [rolleyes]

I just wanted to hear his explanation. As a CPA that focuses on dealerships, I know the deposit goes towards the car.
This thread is a farce , there is no "official RS deposit registry" yet, We haven't heard of how many of the "limited numbers" will be coming here, you going to put a deposit on thin air means absolutely nothing it wont "hold your spot in line to getting a RS" or "guarantee" you jack shit.

You may "think" it does but in reality it doesn't.

we haven't heard anything on pricing yet, I know most are assuming 33k-37k but what if its 40k or a little more how many people will then say awww screw that way out of my budget?

so Dawson here above running around thinking hes special cause he put his deposit on a RS is retarded[8]

Im excited too but im not running around to dealers giving them cash for thin air, thats just stupid.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
You put a deposit down to be the first in line to have the opportunity to order one. It's common practice. The dealer will have a liability on the books for the amount you gave them. They can't recognize that deposit as revenue until you actually order the car. Basic accounting.

That said, I wouldn't put a deposit down unless you agreed upon a price. In this case, price would be msrp as actual price is not known.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I asked a friend of mine that sells cars for BMW. He says people put money down for cars all the time. But the dealer will always sell to whoever pays most. I'm sure if you put money down and you do make the purchase the money will go to principle. But I also have to agree with qwessy on one point. Just bc you put money down (if the RS come in limited amounts) i'm pretty sure they will cut you out,return your money, and sell the car for a higher price if they can. Either way, I will not put down a deposit but I will be hunting one down when they have been released and I know EXACTLY what I want. Best of luck to you all. And I hope to see you all in RS' :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will most likely be purchasing an RS when it comes out. Spoke to many dealers in my area today to try to get on some sort of list. One even said we could order one next week. I am assuming this is just a gimmick to get me in the doors of the dealer..

Has anyone else received any jive like this or is it just me? Way too early to be placing an order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
500 dwn, lol. Good luck on a 40k+ car with that. 40k is tax, fees, title-reg OTD. That's not including dealer mark up. You'll be looking at a 50k RS. And trust me, all dealers will be marking them up 5-10k minimum. It's called availability and demand, and demand will be high.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dealers can't place an order or take a deposit on a vehicle not even in the system yet. Yes I'm a mgr at Ford. I hope for those that did get told about a deposit, that they get their money back. No dealer/employee/principle can take a customers money for a deposit on a product that's unavailable. It's against FMC rules.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Dealers can't place an order or take a deposit on a vehicle not even in the system yet. Yes I'm a mgr at Ford. I hope for those that did get told about a deposit, that they get their money back. No dealer/employee/principle can take a customers money for a deposit on a product that's unavailable. It's against FMC rules.
And clearly no dealership has ever broken a rule.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sparky,

In the pricing thread you stated they need an automanual to even sell...now in this thread you state the demand will be high.

The troll is strong in this one.

Manager at Ford... More like a porter at a Ford dealer at best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
500 dwn, lol. Good luck on a 40k+ car with that. 40k is tax, fees, title-reg OTD. That's not including dealer mark up. You'll be looking at a 50k RS. And trust me, all dealers will be marking them up 5-10k minimum. It's called availability and demand, and demand will be high.
Actually the correct term is Supply and Demand [neener] Economics 101. [thumb]

·
Registered
7 Posts
No doubt they'll be high demand. Ford has also stated they can produce as many as they need to meet that demand. If dealers are trying to sell for $50k they'll be sitting for a long time. They only number they've given was they'd make less than the first production year of the ST, which was like 13,500 cars.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts