Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anybody know when we can expect the first actual real road test report? Stats, weights, dimensions? You know, CarMotorTrackDriverRoadTrendTopGear?
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
never pay a deposit or down payment that goes straight into the dealers pocket.

If you really want to put a down payment then finance the car and once you get your first bill send the deposit/down payment amount in a separate check writing on the check "TO PRINCIPAL ONLY" this way you know 1 it all goes to the car and 2 it all goes to the principal value.

To the OP that 500$ doesn't guarantee you jack shit, You bought that salesman one nice steak dinner and drinks along with some commission fir THIN AIR. Very foolish, its your money I guess.

Price of the car isn't even out yet..... Bro send me 500$ and ill guarantee you the special edition RS its top secret.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We haven't hammered out the details since pricing hasn't been announced yet. I've already verified that the deposit is refundable. Worst case, they try to mess around with the price and I just walk away.

If you really want to put a down payment then finance the car and once you get your first bill send the deposit/down payment amount in a separate check writing on the check "TO PRINCIPAL ONLY" this way you know 1 it all goes to the car and 2 it all goes to the principal value.

To the OP that 500$ doesn't guarantee you jack shit, You bought that salesman one nice steak dinner and drinks along with some commission fir THIN AIR. Very foolish, its your money I guess.

Price of the car isn't even out yet..... Bro send me 500$ and ill guarantee you the special edition RS its top secret.
Bro, it's 100% refundable, so Bro, it's like, totally my money Bro, and I can like totally 100% get all $500 back when I feel like it, Bro.

Go troll somewhere else. [woot]

Edit: Also, if you're (a contraction for you are) going to insult me, at least do me the decency of spelling words properly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bro, it's 100% refundable, so Bro, it's like, totally my money Bro, and I can like totally 100% get all $500 back when I feel like it, Bro.

Edit: Also, if you're (a contraction for you are) going to insult me, at least do me the decency of spelling words properly.
I can't stop saying bro...bro. [hihi]

I'm with P-tree, the deposit is refundable. It is to show your commitment. It is not as we went to the salesman and said "Hey, here is 500 dollars, call me when one of dem Foci RS's hit your lot. We green, brosuf?" Then we part ways.

I already have a deal bag established, the money goes to the dealer, not the salesman. I worked solely with the Sales Managers, a salesman was not even involved.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Lol, you can't finance a car that doesn't exist

·
Registered
8 Posts
I figured it would be fun to get a list of everyone who has a deposit down for their RS! I put mine in today, I realize it's early, but hey, early bird gets the RS. Post up or message when you get yours in. Excited about my future 5 door hooning.

1. P-Tree
2. Arress
3. Nachtsturm
4. therza2169

I'm looking at the RS also, but gotta know more details about the car before putting money down.

I work at a local Ford dealer each week so should be able to get in w no deposit down. May talk to them this week just so they know I'm interested.

I take it when you mention high volume you are speaking of Beach Ford maybe?

I'd be very careful w them. When the GT500 mustangs came out a few years ago they totally screwed the people on their deposit "list" and went w a new set of buyers. This car is much different than that, but just saying be smart and stay on them...if that's who it is...

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

Bro, you'll learn from your mistakes the hard way i guess..... Just know "nice steak dinner for that salesmen, you bought it + an 8 ball of coke snorting it out of some hookers a$$ laughing at you" and as the other Bro said. you cant finance a car that doesn't exist just yet.

Bro it is your money but are you a chump a sucker?

Damn bro you're also a grammar/spelling Nazi [limp] [facepalm] I guess you win the "spelling Bee" Bro, good for you[hihi]. hint hint only trolls and losers play that game bro.

deep down bro you know it was a dumb move. "If" it is truly refundable then go get your refund....

"only to hear the words "but I spent it on a steak some coke and a hooker and one damn good night BRO!"[nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][woot]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bro, you'll learn from your mistakes the hard way i guess..... Just know "nice steak dinner for that salesmen, you bought it + an 8 ball of coke snorting it out of some hookers a$$ laughing at you" and as the other Bro said. you cant finance a car that doesn't exist just yet.

Bro it is your money but are you a chump a sucker?

Damn bro you're also a grammar/spelling Nazi [limp] [facepalm] I guess you win the "spelling Bee" Bro, good for you[hihi]. hint hint only trolls and losers play that game bro.

deep down bro you know it was a dumb move. "If" it is truly refundable then go get your refund....

"only to hear the words "but I spent it on a steak some coke and a hooker and one damn good night BRO!"[nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][nutkick][woot]
When was the last time you preordered a car?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
When was the last time you preordered a car?
Actually in 2007 for a Triumph Daytona 675 but I made sure I had Vin number and tracking number of the crate it was coming in, when it came in 2 weeks later I got to help tear the crate open.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually in 2007 for a Triumph Daytona 675 but I made sure I had Vin number and tracking number of the crate it was coming in, when it came in 2 weeks later I got to help tear the crate open.
You realize the deposit amount does not go to the salesman?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
You realize the deposit amount does not go to the salesman?
[facepalm]Yes bud it did. it went right into the dealers pocket. They work the numbers so it looks like its going to the vehicle in actuality it doesn't man. So to prevent these shenanigans, this is why i recommend if you really want to put a down payment or something you do so in a separate check marked with " TO PRINCIPAL ONLY" and do so after you receive your first invoice of the loan. so you know 100% it went to the car and to the principal. Most car salesman are crooks just like pirates("the popo"),Judges & lawyers....but that's another subject

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking at the RS also, but gotta know more details about the car before putting money down.

I work at a local Ford dealer each week so should be able to get in w no deposit down. May talk to them this week just so they know I'm interested.

I take it when you mention high volume you are speaking of Beach Ford maybe?

I'd be very careful w them. When the GT500 mustangs came out a few years ago they totally screwed the people on their deposit "list" and went w a new set of buyers. This car is much different than that, but just saying be smart and stay on them...if that's who it is...

Talked to my dealer today. Apparently they have already had 2-3 persons interested in the RS when it comes in. I looked to get on a list, but it seems there is no real official list. :(

I know it's a long way out and things change, so we'll see. Was also told I wouldn't be able to use my 'D' plan on the car. [bawling]

·
Registered
155 Posts
[facepalm]Yes bud it did. it went right into the dealers pocket. They work the numbers so it looks like its going to the vehicle in actuality it doesn't man. So to prevent these shenanigans, this is why i recommend if you really want to put a down payment or something you do so in a separate check marked with " TO PRINCIPAL ONLY" and do so after you receive your first invoice of the loan. so you know 100% it went to the car and to the principal. Most car salesman are crooks just like pirates("the popo"),Judges & lawyers....but that's another subject
The dealer /= the salesman.

It is not necessary to mark it as principal only, the thought is juvenile. Say the price is $35,000, and you put 500 down as a deposit. After doc fee, transfer, and taxes...for easy calc, let's say you are now at $38,000 OTD before any money down. The balance will be at 37,500 now with your original despoit. It's simple math all bros, imaginary 8balls, and steaks aside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put my deposit down of $500 for the RS out here in Denver, CO as well. Cant wait to get this street beast. And i really dont give a shit I had to put a deposit down because they said it is refunable as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
qweezy:

Ya.... no. Coming from a salesman at the number one volume dealership in the states, you are completely 100% wrong and your view of dealerships and salesmen are very outdated. This is both offensive and stupid. It is 100% refundable and the salesman makes no comission on a deposit. It goes directly to the prinicpal of the car if the car is bought and that is the ONLY time a comission paycheck is given; once your name is on the line. We dont take that $500 and go party with it. It is not ours and you did not put my name on that check. You put the dealers. Even then you can just ask for a refund and take that $1,000 and make sure it goes towards principal, because the car will already be at teh dealer in your name. I'm not sure who taught you your ****** up ways.

Please go educate yourself and THEN try to bash people you troll.

For the record P-Tree and anyone else with a deposit, I put a $1,000 deposit down as well and I work at a dealer. Good choice y'all. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will be going to the dealer this week to put money down on one. My wife and I have liked my FiST so much that she likes the idea of the RS.

I figured 500 down is pretty typical, but it all depends on the store.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
qweezy:

Ya.... no. Coming from a salesman at the number one volume dealership in the states, you are completely 100% wrong and your view of dealerships and salesmen are very outdated. This is both offensive and stupid. It is 100% refundable and the salesman makes no comission on a deposit. It goes directly to the prinicpal of the car if the car is bought and that is the ONLY time a comission paycheck is given; once your name is on the line. We dont take that $500 and go party with it. It is not ours and you did not put my name on that check. You put the dealers. Even then you can just ask for a refund and take that $1,000 and make sure it goes towards principal, because the car will already be at teh dealer in your name. I'm not sure who taught you your ****** up ways.

Please go educate yourself and THEN try to bash people you troll.

For the record P-Tree and anyone else with a deposit, I put a $1,000 deposit down as well and I work at a dealer. Good choice y'all. You wont regret it.
LOL you got mad and decide to make your first post this. Don't get mad bro I don't hate you guys I just know your tricks my brother is a car salesman.

"My ****** up ways"??? You know I'm right that's why you post your first post bitchin, too bad son you've been called out for what most you guys are "crooked weasels". I aint trollin I'm an OG here boy, you sure you aint trollin?

Kinda like the Dealership is also known as the "Stealership", I go get fleet service for our company and I listen to these service techs that don't know jack shit about cars other than maybe "ooh that's pretty", preying on the victims in the waiting room & recommend UNNECESSARY services on a vehicle that has 10,000 miles...... A brake flush......A coolant flush.....A fuel injector system treatment and on and on.[scratch][facepalm]

Ill sit there and tell the unsuspecting victim right there too that its unnecessary and they don't need these services on their brand new vehicle.

The only reason I go to the dealer is for the 4 oil changes for 84$ (i cant do oil changes for 21$ myself costs me near 40$) but that's the bait for the victim....They get you in there for that cheap oil change and then lump a bunch of BS service on your lap.

Now yes you can argue the owner is not forced to do these services but you should see these guys in action, and play on how they reeeealllly recommend the service.[histerical]

btw whats your base pay per month and how many cars do you have to sell in order to keep that base? 5-6? After you make your base whats your commission on each car 300$-500$?

All yall putting these deposits down on a car that you cant buy yet send them my way I have the hookup on the New RS 750 and its going to have invisible paint.....because its stealth.I promise ill let you all drive it once it gets here[:)~]

·
Registered
155 Posts
LOL you got mad and decide to make your first post this. Don't get mad bro I don't hate you guys I just know your tricks my brother is a car salesman.

"My ****** up ways"??? You know I'm right that's why you post your first post bitchin, too bad son you've been called out for what most you guys are "crooked weasels". I aint trollin I'm an OG here boy, you sure you aint trollin?

Kinda like the Dealership is also known as the "Stealership", I go get fleet service for our company and I listen to these service techs that don't know jack shit about cars other than maybe "ooh that's pretty", preying on the victims in the waiting room & recommend UNNECESSARY services on a vehicle that has 10,000 miles...... A brake flush......A coolant flush.....A fuel injector system treatment and on and on.[scratch][facepalm]

Ill sit there and tell the unsuspecting victim right there too that its unnecessary and they don't need these services on their brand new vehicle.

The only reason I go to the dealer is for the 4 oil changes for 84$ (i cant do oil changes for 21$ myself costs me near 40$) but that's the bait for the victim....They get you in there for that cheap oil change and then lump a bunch of BS service on your lap.

Now yes you can argue the owner is not forced to do these services but you should see these guys in action, and play on how they reeeealllly recommend the service.[histerical]

btw whats your base pay per month and how many cars do you have to sell in order to keep that base? 5-6? After you make your base whats your commission on each car 300$-500$?

All yall putting these deposits down on a car that you cant buy yet send them my way I have the hookup on the New RS 750 and its going to have invisible paint.....because its stealth.I promise ill let you all drive it once it gets here[:)~]
ThatOneGuy had it right.

Qweesy, your entire retort had next to nothing to do with OneGuy's response and comes off as quite juvenile.

If you are concerned that much about a 500-1000 dollar deposit, perhaps the RS is not the car for you.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts