Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured it would be fun to get a list of everyone who has a deposit down for their RS! I put mine in today, I realize it's early, but hey, early bird gets the RS. Post up or message when you get yours in. Excited about my future 5 door hooning.

1. P-Tree
2. Arress
3. Nachtsturm
4. therza2169

·
Registered
2 Posts
Test drove an ST to see how I felt in the focus. Going to put a deposit down next week for one. Kind of curious what did your dealer require you to put down for the deposit? The only reason I'm slightly apprehensive is because I dont even know the availbility yet nor do the dealers know if theyre going to get it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer didn't require it. They are a large volume dealer, so I'm pretty confident they're getting a first run one. They've had other inquires, but no one wanted to do a deposit. Since I did, I have "First Right of Refusal" now. Basically, they're first RS is spoken for by me unless I say otherwise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, misread. I put down $500. They said $2,000 at first, and I told them that was way too steep for a 40k car.

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts
Sorry, misread. I put down $500. They said $2,000 at first, and I told them that was way too steep for a 40k car.
Did you guys discuss pricing yet? I've made a mistake of putting down a deposit before only to find out they wanted a premium over MSRP.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you guys discuss pricing yet? I've made a mistake of putting down a deposit before only to find out they wanted a premium over MSRP.
We haven't hammered out the details since pricing hasn't been announced yet. I've already verified that the deposit is refundable. Worst case, they try to mess around with the price and I just walk away.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wish me luck, heading to the Ford dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am so lucky that my Uncle is the manager at a Ford dealer. I'm first on the list with no deposit required!
If there's anybody here in the greater Chicago area, I may be able to hook you up and get you on the list. I asked him if they will be marking up the RS. He said probably not because he expects they won't be so limited and they won't have problems getting them.
I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Add me to that list. I'm number one as well.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am so lucky that my Uncle is the manager at a Ford dealer. I'm first on the list with no deposit required!
If there's anybody here in the greater Chicago area, I may be able to hook you up and get you on the list. I asked him if they will be marking up the RS. He said probably not because he expects they won't be so limited and they won't have problems getting them.
I can't wait!!!
And a Ford exec commented a strictly limited run back in December so really nobody knows. It's still speculation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there ballpark MSRP estimates yet? $40k is mentioned in this thread. I also have not seen release date estimates in any of the press releases or from Ford.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there ballpark MSRP estimates yet? $40k is mentioned in this thread. I also have not seen release date estimates in any of the press releases or from Ford.
No estimates at all. Best we have is under 30K British pounds guess from evo magazine. But you can't go for just a currency conversion as its not a direct conversion. However, evo magazine said they expect it to under cut the price of the STi. If that holds true here, expect a base price of lower than 34,495 for base and 38,495 for the premium model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm first on the waiting list at two local dealers right now in case one of them tries to hit me with the "Additional Dealer Markup". Hopefully next month they announce the price is in line with those estimates, and then it will just be the waiting game :).

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Any guesses on how many will be imported? I think it will be under 3000 cars but maybe by year 2 that number may grow and plus work out the eventual kinks the first run will have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stopped by my dealership to see what they had in place but nothing so far, they weren't set up for a list or deposits.
To be continued...

1 - 20 of 122 Posts