Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is a informative thread i want to make on what products you used, and what order you used to get that OOO SO SEXAY shine out of your car

so hers what you do, wash/wax/claybar/detail

do any of the following and then do a small right up

i have never done clay barring and would like to know some ways in which to get a awesome shine that looks great

so ill start it off

Mr. Clean car wash
soaped, then with a big sponged washed it, then used rinse mode, then i used that misting feature for autodry

then i used meguirs classic and got this fantastic shine out of my car

o cover your eyes![:D]

and

now its your turn, help me and help others get a great shine out of their car!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
you're not supposed to wax before claybar. you should wash, claybar, polish (if necessary), wax, and then seal. the point of the claybar is to remove all the debris like tar, bugs, old wax, etc, and have it nice and smooth for wax.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
you're not supposed to wax before claybar. you should wash, claybar, polish (if necessary), wax, and then seal. the point of the claybar is to remove all the debris like tar, bugs, old wax, etc, and have it nice and smooth for wax.
Very true, claybar will take off all the wax you just put on.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
well duh, lol

yeah, i used Megiuars Gold class wash, with a soft brush for the body/windows, and a stiff brush for the wheels. Washed and rinsed each section of the car three times. Sprayed on wheel cleaner, and scrubbed each one with a toothbrush. Used chrome polish for the tailpipe. Mothers Cali Gold claybar kit. Megiuars Gold Class past wax, then some sealer (dont remember the brand), and then some ICE wax as a weekly detailer. Also put rain-X on the windows. Dusted the interior with Armor-all wipes, cleaned all the windows with Stoners. And went through the interior seams/crevices with some detailing brushes.

my car looks like black glass. well, except the scars on my front lip from curbs.

I just drove through a storm earlier, the water was sheeting off my car.

·
Registered
279 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
Actually, you should seal before waxing. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its not my car, its my grandfathers 1998 Grand Prix SE, but it will show you a good process I used to restore a "showroom shine". He asked for my help in cleaning the SE up because hes selling it to help pay for his new GTP. I would have used the halogen in some after pics but my bulb crapped out on me.

Process:
-Wash with Megs NXT
-Clay with Mothers Cali Gold System
-Optimum Hyper Compound via PC on an Lake Country Yellow Cutting Pad X2
-Adams Swirl & Haze Remover via LC Orange Cut
-Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze by hand
-Waxed with Collinite #845 via LC Black Wax pad

As you can see the swirl marks are very plentiful all over the car. The hood, roof, and trunk were starting to show some signs of light oxidation. Some of the swirl marks were pretty deep and I didn't expect the whole car to come out perfect.

Here is a 50/50 shot of the hood after 2 passes of OHC

And this is after the BSG and #845

1 - 7 of 7 Posts