101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Company Name: Pioneer
Model Number: P3300
Price: $399.00
Overall Rating: 1-10: 8

A great little fixed panel indash DVD player, can be upgraded with a lot of additional modules.
That'sthe Schoche dash kit? I think I'm going to go with the metra one, seems to match better with the grooves and what not. I take it you didn't have SYNC?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Yep its the schoche kit, it takes the dash line and moves it up and straight across. No SYNC, my car is an "S" base model.
Badazz2010focus has the same deck but with the metra kit
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive a 06 ZX5 SES and im looking at after market stereos like the pioneer above. Do the steering wheel controls still work on the new system?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile
It should, I got a complete wiring harness interface kit along with the dash plate. I want to say it was around $100 for the harness. It is supposed to slow all factory addons to work with the new deck.
I'd you need more info, shoot me a pm.
Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Company Name: Boss
Model Number: BV-9999BI
MSRP: $529.00
Price: $229.00 (cartoys online)
Overall Rating: 1-10: 9.5

Great HU!!!! Retrevo scored it as a "thumbs up" good buy for high end users. Tons of features:
-Blue tooth: with a mic on HU, for handsfree phone calls. I also connect BT to my phone and listen to Pandora though the radio.
-SD card slot
-backup camera ready
-Aux port in front and back
-2 a/v RCA conntections
-subwoofer output
-mpeg4 playback, as well as CD-R, CD-RW, SVCD, DVD, CD, Video CD, SDVD media types
-340 watts
-TV Tuner capable

I could keep going but i think you get the picture.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Metra

Model Number: P3300
Price: $399.00
Overall Rating: 1-10: 8

A great little fixed panel indash DVD player, can be upgraded with a lot of additional modules.
How did you get your dash kit to fit in there perfectly? I got the metra kit and it got a 1/4 gab at the very top.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I have the Schoche dash plate and it just dropped in. I attached and tightened all the screws, everything just lined up! I guess I got lucky.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sony
Xplod
I bought this and a nice amp from somebody on here for a hundred bucks. it came with the wiring harnesses and the mount. easy to figure out menus, colors are blue/red and the xplod setting makes even the stock car speakers bass. i need subs now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
how'd you get a double din to fit in early model ford focus? I thought the opening was a din and half size?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
my next head unit, really looking forward to getting this. hoping to have the money for it by the end of august seeing as to how my b-day is in august.

dual left/right 16band graphic eq
3 5volt preouts
3 way crossover network
24 bit burr brown
time alingment
eq and time alignment can be auto or manualy setup. has an sd card slot 2 rear usb ports and front aux. built in bluetooth and pandora radio app.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

all those options for a great price from crutchfeild

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?tp=5684

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Got another Sony. I like Sony HU's because they have the remote inputs and are compatible with my adapter so I can use my steering wheel controls. This has a 6.5" touchscreen and is double-din. I did have to modify my dash a bit with a little cutting but fits in there nice. I eventually want to upgrade to the XAV7-- model that has a 7" screen and cleaner appearance. Waiting for the Metra dash kit to arrive so I can fill those ugly gaps lol.

Sony XAV622

Daytime:

Night time:(or lights on)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
kenwood
KDC-BT948HD
249.99 at bestbuy
rating: 2 out of 10

glad to see nobody so far got screwed with this crap. actually its the whole kenwood brand of head units that have let me down along with best buy's customer service. first kenwood hu i bought was about 180$ i think, within about 6 months had a loose faceplate and would turn the whole display off (still playing music) then bring the welcome screen back and act like it was just turned on any time i would press a button. took it back to BB, showed the install bay it was crap and they decided to send it out for repair. called me three weeks later telling me it was back at the store and ready for pickup. get to the store and they say nothing was wrong and i owe them 38$ for shipping. i flipped my shit and they waved the fee, told me to show the install guy again that it was still broken and come back. did just that, install guy was astounded the repair facility found nothing wrong. go back to customer service where they tell me they have to send it out again. flipped my shit more and got them to refund me all but my extended warrenty which was fine by me. upgraded to the hu i have now, paid extra on top of my refund and bought another extended warrenty. another 6 months and the SAME problem on a different hu and higher model. took it back and they said they had to send the new one out for repair. flipped my shit and the manager told me its out of his control, only to find out after calling corpo that it was his disgretion to send it out or refund me. this time they replaced the faceplate and ive had no problems for a few months, but im forever turned off of kenwood and bestbuy. ill never go back to either. the sad thing is, other than this problem the hu works great.

anyway, heres a few pics, the iphone case if anyone is wondering is a rokform rokbed v3 with the car mount. 24$ on amazon and i LOVE the placement. for quick fb or instagram checks, to speedometer apps, to gps its perfect.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Kenwood
KDC-X996
279.00 at local shop
rating: 9 out of 10

BT is great! The best so far from Kenwood
DSP is what killed the 10 of 10 rating, no way to raise the front staging like on my previous KDC-X993. HD radio works great. Better display and better remote features.

Sorry for security reasons, I am not going to show my vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Model Number: AVH-P1400DVD
Price: $200.00 (On Sale)
Overall Rating: 8

Gave it an 8 due to having to hook up an iPod via the USB and Aux ports with Pioneers special cord instead of just being able to use the normal USB that comes with the iPod.
Other than that I really like the HU. Easy to use, pretty customizeable. High and Low Pass settings. Bypassed parking brake safety feature and everything works great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
glad to see nobody so far got screwed with this crap. actually its the whole kenwood brand of head units that have let me down along with best buy's customer service.
Best Buy is hit or miss. Some of their stores are AWESOME and some of them I wouldn't take a junk car too let alone a daily driver. There's one in Springfield, OH that has NO idea WTF they are doing. Meanwhile, there's one about 15 miles away in Beavercreek, OH that's got their sh!t wired TIGHT. It all depends on the store and how it's run.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

Eclipse CD8443

9.5 out of 10
The reason being is there is no L/R EQ
8 volt pre-outs are king.
Loads of processing power in this SQ deck. Time alignment, 13 bands of EQ, X-over, Non fading 1 band parametric EQ and then there is Pro Mode, which opens Pandora's box!

All in all this is one of the best SQ decks ever made.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts