Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we probably need one of these so no one has to thumb through all the crap in the Gump Crew thread...

Location: Hunt Army Airfield, 10 miles north of Dothan and a few miles south of Ozark off Hwy 231, then west on County Road 18. You should be able to pull it up on google maps if you want to map it from your house.

Time: About 9:30-10 AM Sunday morning probably until 4 PM or so.

Tenative list of who's coming:

1. Me
2. Dan & Alicia
3. Danielle
4. Evan
5. David
6. Jess
7. Aaron (my roommate)

Cost is 25 bucks and you will want to make sure your wheels are on tight, battery is strapped down securely, and you've got about 40 pounds or so in your tires.

Did I forget anyone? PM Evan and he can change the list since he is a mod and that is his job.

So basically we're doing that all Sunday. I don't know what arrangements we have for folks staying out here for the weekend... there's really not much room at my place but there's a possibility we could hang out at Aaron's place to watch the AU game on Saturday. That's only slightly probable at this time though. We'll figure this stuff out in a couple days.

Let the discussion begin...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'll check if i am off next sunday...if i am i am totally game ill keep everyone posted! would be a blast!

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Dan the mind reader! I was going to pm you to find out all the info.You the man!!

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
I will try to snap a few for ya^^

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
sooo.. yea I can come down saturaday so that im not driving super early in the morning sunday... but i need somewhere to stay!!!

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
You know where i live^^and its only 122miles from my house to dothan.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's probably about a 2.5-3 hr trip to the track from David's. Usually takes me about 2:45 to get home from AU but I have to drive all the way across town too.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Sounds like if we get to go we should come down to dothan sat night.Do you know any good hotels there Dan??

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I was about to start a thread like this this morning.. WOOT for Dan...

Ill be there on Saturday... My buddies are in an Ultimate Com so Im going to watch a game or two then come hang...

I feel bad asking to sleep at dans house.. so wheres a nice hotel to stay at that is close..?

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my house is like 30 miles from the track in the boondocks...

There are a bunch of convenient hotels on the north side of town about 8 miles from the track on 231N. I'll see if I can pull up some info when I get home.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
We should do.. Dinner a cruise and then wash our cars for the Morning.. Im planning on being out at the track early so I can get an idea of what Im supposed to be doing..

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
yea sounds like a plan to me.I hope i get to go!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you get there around 9:30-ish that gives us about an hour to unload the cars and walk the track a few times. Walk it with me and I can point out problem areas I see and run down some rules and tips for you. It won't be too bad your first time out if you get some good informative walks in and have someone riding with you during your early runs.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Sweet... Thats what Ill do.. I have to tighten my passenger side mount before I leave.. Its Popping..

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
guys! we all HAVE to get there saturday noon-ish so we can watch the AUBURN GAME! if we're gonna do that at dan's house i'll bring my TV, if it aaron's i'll have to ask what he's rollin with.

can we get shitty at aaron's house? or at least drink beer and eat hotdogs and doritos and generally tailgate? because i am SO down for grilling out!

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Im down for some grilling out!

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
I think we should just get a hotel... save trashing someones house...

I only have one hydrotherapy session saturday at 830 am.. so I can headout early..

Whens eveyone planning on heading out?

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
ughhh.. nvm.. i just got volunteered into representing our hospital at this open house thingy.. pretty much i have to set up a booth and talk about our place. laaaame. so I have to do that saturday from 11-2.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts