Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
$750-ish

$500

I'd go with the Bianchi, hands down (never underestimate the natural speed of a bike and how much it pays off in a 100K ride) but that Giant is a really sweet deal and it will be a much more comfortable bike, based on the geometry.

Honestly both bikes look to have decent components. Just get one already so we can ride!!!

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I've only held off thus far because the possibility exists that an older and very wealthy cyclist, is going to let me borrow a full carbon road bike indefinitely. He's 52 and done 43 races already this year. He has a very large stable of wicked awesome bikes.

I feel like I need to see how that pans out first...

But I'm leaning towards the Bianchi too.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I've only held off thus far because the possibility exists that an older and very wealthy cyclist, is going to let me borrow a full carbon road bike indefinitely. He's 52 and done 43 races already this year. He has a very large stable of wicked awesome bikes.

I feel like I need to see how that pans out first...

But I'm leaning towards the Bianchi too.
Let me know if he has any others he's looking to unload. I haz to upgrade!!!!! ;)

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts
I almost forgot about this thread - My poor bike has been collection dust thanks to winter (Not much room and funds for a stand). But I did one little "mod" over the winter and "installed" pink led valve stem caps (motion activated).
I don't think I've uploaded a pic of my bike yet so I'll snap one after work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's my other favorite ride! 2013 Intense Tracer 275 sorry the picture quality isn't better... stupid iphone

I love the way these brakes look so I figured I'd show em off.

·
Vault Delinquent
2,242 Posts
Newbie here! I was just wondering if any of you mountain bike guys on here have went from a 3x8 or 3x9 gear setup to a 1x8 setup. Is it a difficult conversion? What needs to be done?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Newbie here! I was just wondering if any of you mountain bike guys on here have went from a 3x8 or 3x9 gear setup to a 1x8 setup. Is it a difficult conversion? What needs to be done?

I had a SS 29'er, but that isn't remotely applicable to your question. Kinda fun though.

Your LBS should be able to give you some good info, but it depends on how much you want to spend. You should get a SS chainring, either a SS-specific cage or N-stop/bash guard setup, shorter bolts for the sprocket, the new cassette, a short or medium cage, adjust your chain to fit...

Or...

You could just set your derailleur to the middle ring, remove your shifter/granny ring and run your cassette with a shorter chain (leaving the big ring and bash guard), but your chain may drop occasionally with the ramped chainring.

And obviously anywhere in-between. It really just depends on how much money/time you want to put into the conversion.

·
Vault Delinquent
2,242 Posts
I had a SS 29'er, but that isn't remotely applicable to your question. Kinda fun though.

Your LBS should be able to give you some good info, but it depends on how much you want to spend. You should get a SS chainring, either a SS-specific cage or N-stop/bash guard setup, shorter bolts for the sprocket, the new cassette, a short or medium cage, adjust your chain to fit...

Or...

You could just set your derailleur to the middle ring, remove your shifter/granny ring and run your cassette with a shorter chain (leaving the big ring and bash guard), but your chain may drop occasionally with the ramped chainring.

And obviously anywhere in-between. It really just depends on how much money/time you want to put into the conversion.
I will be going to my LBS to talk to them about it soon. Also, what did you like about your SS? Advantages? Disadvantages? Where do you think the best place to ride SS is? Trail? Downhill?

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
So I pro-dealed a 2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 3 earlier this summer.

Then didnt like the stock Maxxis crossmarks it came with because of the terrian im riding here, so i upgraded to some Conti Mountain Kings, 2.4 in the front and 2.2 in the back. And boy has it made all the difference in my riding.

I work as a bike tech here in bel air MD and love to teach things anything bike related. so if you have any questions or anything feel free to PM me or post here.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts