• Cruiser

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'll bunny hop the road bike every now again, although it's kind of cheating when you're clipped in
BWHAHA! I've been taking my boys for a ride in the neighborhood 2-3 times a week for 3-ish miles or so. Teaching them the ropes. I hop curbs and imaginary curbs in the middle of the road...it blows their mind. Then my wife goes and blows my secret.

Fine. I will.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
BWHAHA! I've been taking my boys for a ride in the neighborhood 2-3 times a week for 3-ish miles or so. Teaching them the ropes. I hop curbs and imaginary curbs in the middle of the road...it blows their mind. Then my wife goes and blows my secret.

Fine. I will.
It's not cheating if you take your hop to the limit. Major air can be had when clipped in

I. Can't. Wait.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm debating purchasing the boys actual geared bikes and taking them to some of the easier trails.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I'm debating purchasing the boys actual geared bikes and taking them to some of the easier trails.
Start em young, just take caution, if they catch the downhill bug.... Buy a bigger wallet haha

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Not if you let her help with the design!

btw, I'm the only road cyclist in this motley crew. I need a mountain bike.
I tried it but ultimately traded my Allez Elite for a Bowflex coat-hanger. I couldn't really get used to getting my heart rate up to near-explosion and just keeping it there for extended periods of time. I might have had a better experience if I was in a bicycle-friendly town, but unfortunately I'm not. I'll stick to my hybrid and be a bit slower but a bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I tried it but ultimately traded my Allez Elite for a Bowflex coat-hanger. I couldn't really get used to getting my heart rate up to near-explosion and just keeping it there for extended periods of time. I might have had a better experience if I was in a bicycle-friendly town, but unfortunately I'm not. I'll stick to my hybrid and be a bit slower but a bit more comfortable.
I feel ya but there's nothing cooler than riding 20+ mph in a 5 deep paceline through the twisties.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Not if you let her help with the design!

btw, I'm the only road cyclist in this motley crew. I need a mountain bike.
She's über protective of the boys. Would never fly. She would 'help' design a 2 foot, styrofoam padded, 'ramp.'

I must get road-bike!!

41 - 60 of 128 Posts