• Cruiser

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a lot of cars on the site with racks and presumably at least some of them have some accompanying bikes to go on them.

1. Vote!

2. Post of some pics of your rigs, the trails, loops, or tracks you ride! Feel free to post injuries too!

3. Discuss!

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2008 Giant Trance X2. A full suspension 26.

Upgrades:

- Mavic CrossMaxx wheelset
- Easton bar
- RaceFace stem
- Giant grips
- Shimano XTR pods

I'm hesitant to put anymore money into her with news that the 650b / 27.5" bikes are going to be the new industry standard.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
My current setup is a 2007 Specialized Allez Elite w/ full Shimano Tiagra setup

My fun bike is a '94 Dyno VFR with old GT Mag Wheels

My wish list is a '11 Trek Mamba in the black & blue scheme, so slick.

·
Prăk-Tí-Kűhl
3,178 Posts
Mountain all the way! We went on a 20mile bike ride in Tennessee along a river, up to a water fall, coolest thing ever!

OH and I'm getting Wilson's rack in December :)

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And it's a great way to stay in shape!
You have to use it first...

My current setup is a 2007 Specialized Allez Elite w/ full Shimano Tiagra setup

My fun bike is a '94 Dyno VFR with old GT Mag Wheels

My wish list is a '11 Trek Mamba in the black & blue scheme, so slick.
I want to get in to road cycling. My LBS has a custom cyclo-cross build for a guy that never came in to pick it up. He just found it after 3 years of sitting in the back. [dunno] He made me a killer deal. I'm. so. tempted.

I do, it beats the 100+ degree heat. I have an LED tail light and an LED spotlight for the front
I go in the mid-day heat because: stubborn. [strongman]

Yeah, especially when it's hot...and due to my work schedule, and fall coming, daylight is shorter.
Good for you!

·
Prăk-Tí-Kűhl
3,178 Posts
Justin, we have a similar trail like that near us, along the Clinton river, I'll have to get some pictures next time. And Rhi what bike do you have?

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mountain all the way! We went on a 20mile bike ride in Tennessee along a river, up to a water fall, coolest thing ever!

OH and I'm getting Wilson's rack in December :)
Justin, we have a similar trail like that near us, along the Clinton river, I'll have to get some pictures next time. And Rhi what bike do you have?
I missed your first post. [facepalm] I love long, rewarding rides.

We mostly have singletrack here. My 'home' trail is called Bluff Creek: very technical, steep climbs, fast, and so many roots! Way different than the trails I grew up on in Wisconsin.

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts
I prefer single track myself...and fortunately, most trails in town here are close enough to bike straight to...I'd love a rack, but mainly 'cause I like the look of them lol Don't think I'd utilize it often

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard trails in Canada are legit. All the bike publications say so anyway.

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts
I've heard trails in Canada are legit. All the bike publications say so anyway.
Yes, they are. You should come up and see for yourself sometime[thumb] I'm still amazed at how good the local ones are.

·
Prăk-Tí-Kűhl
3,178 Posts
I missed your first post. [facepalm] I love long, rewarding rides.

We mostly have singletrack here. My 'home' trail is called Bluff Creek: very technical, steep climbs, fast, and so many roots! Way different than the trails I grew up on in Wisconsin.
Its okay haha, yeah it was definately challenging, but super worth it, the ride down was cake!

I know right?

I have a Specialized Hardrock...2008 or 2009 I believe.
Awesome! I love that bike, I had one myself (a blue one :)) now I have a giant, got it in 10' I think

1 - 20 of 128 Posts