Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's all put our hands together and congratulate the new Focus for being the "Official Automobile of Seaworld Florida"! Haha. Was out at Seaworld today and stumbled upon this little gem. Thought it was something to share [ffrocks]

·
Registered
532 Posts
Let's all put our hands together and congratulate the new Focus for being the "Official Automobile of Seaworld Florida"! Haha. Was out at Seaworld today and stumbled upon this little gem. Thought it was something to share [ffrocks]

Did you get what options are with this car? It looks like an SE with sport package and 17inch wheels. There is no winter package. I can not tell if it is red candy or race red. It looks nice!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ you pretty much nailed it, red candy though. It's an SE with two-tone interior. Obviously no winter package haha, we're in Florida [cool]

·
Registered
532 Posts
^ you pretty much nailed it, red candy though. It's an SE with two-tone interior. Obviously no winter package haha, we're in Florida [cool]
I am in Broward county and my car has the winter package. I am glad that the Focus is getting more exposure, especially since it is parked outside a popular attraction. [cheers]

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was actually parked inside the park by the Manta rollercoaster!

Posted via iPhone 4S

·
Registered
166 Posts
For some reason I was expecting to see a white or grey hatchback.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I was expecting to see a maintenance fleet car or something...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have it, I'm in California but I love heated seats on chilly mornings and I drive up to the mountains sometimes so it will come in handy!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it, I'm in California but I love heated seats on chilly mornings and I drive up to the mountains sometimes so it will come in handy!
I've been a Michigan person all my life and down here in flat central Florida I don't need a winter package at least...I'm in shorts! Happy Turkey Day!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'm in Wisconsin and I do not want the 'Winter package'.
I never wear a coat driving.
I live in a place with indoor parking (the indoor area never drops below 50F in Winter) I just leave a coat in the back of the car for emergencies, but normally do not wear it at all.
Walking from the car to where ever i am going not wearing the coat is less hassle than putting it on.

When I used to work, I would wear a coat from the car to my job. When I left, say after brushing the snow off the car,but before I got in I would remove my coat and toss it in the car. Zero F no matter. The seat would be cold for 2 minutes. So what.
Besides, i get to watch all the folks inside whatever place it is, store or whatever.. boil packed in thier ovenlike wrappings..
When it is below say 10F plenty of folks ask me what am I doing...
Well, simple, I am just not wearing a stupid coat.
I am NOT going to freeze to death walking from my car to a store for 30 seconds..
(PS I do not even wear a sweater.. often i am sleeveless anyway..)
I will joke this is like high summer in Antartica... [giddy]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I live in a place with indoor parking (the indoor area never drops below 50F in Winter) I just leave a coat in the back of the car for emergencies, but normally do not wear it at all.
Walking from the car to where ever i am going not wearing the coat is less hassle than putting it on.
I'm a lot like you, with one notable exception: rain. We don't call it the Wet Coast for nothing. So I keep a Gore-Tex hooded rain shell handy at all times (and an extra one at the office).

·
Registered
324 Posts

When I used to work, I would wear a coat from the car to my job. When I left, say after brushing the snow off the car,but before I got in I would remove my coat and toss it in the car. Zero F no matter. The seat would be cold for 2 minutes. So what.
Besides, i get to watch all the folks inside whatever place it is, store or whatever.. boil packed in thier ovenlike wrappings..
When it is below say 10F plenty of folks ask me what am I doing...
Well, simple, I am just not wearing a stupid coat.
I am NOT going to freeze to death walking from my car to a store for 30 seconds..
(PS I do not even wear a sweater.. often i am sleeveless anyway..)
I will joke this is like high summer in Antartica... [giddy]
That's the thing though - in the SF, CA area it doesn't get "cold" but it gets chilly and nothing is insulated or heated well here, I don't own a winter coat. There will be a few mornings each winter when it's only a few degrees above freezing early in the AM. Heated seats feel soooo nice and soothing, nice on the muscles of the lower back. I hate heated air blowing on me much prefer to leave the heater off and just take the chill off with heated seats.

Also it gave me the all weather floor mats which are great for mud and wet, which we get plenty of in the winter. I ride horses which involves going to a barn and tracking dirt and mud so the rubber matts are necessary for me.

The heater mirrors, not sure if I will ever use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts